Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230i: Firmware SMS Bug

• 26-07-2005 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering if anyone on here with a 6230i has come across this bug, I have v3.30 of 6230i Firmware on the phone (which is April 21st, from entering *#0000#).

When entering dots (...) in an sms message if the predictive bar ___ under the dots just covers the last dot and you press the down button in then the phone freezes for a minute and then reboots. Really annoying when you've typed out a long sms message. Also tends to happen just moving around in a long message as well.

Has anyone else come across this at all, would a firmware update be likely to fix this? Also emailed Nokia but haven't heard anything from them yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Just tried it there on and it froze...same firmware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Phew Im not alone so, I've heard there's v3.40 available in UK, but I cant find a list of fixes for it. So damn annoying though! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Happens to me too, and its not just the down key. If you move too fast around the text then it stalls. Sometimes it reboots, but sometimes if u give it 30 secs to a minute it goes back to the main screen, which is ok.

It's annoying, but not the worst thing, and otherwise, I haven't found any bugs since I got it in May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thatkindofgirl

My 6630 does the same... I've just learned not to do that! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

6230i - anyone using their own mp3 ringtone?
    Mine ascends even though it's set to ringing, so I can miss calls because I don't hear the first 3-4 seconds of ringing - very annoying...
    Apparently it's a "known bug".
    V3.30

• Advertisement

Yeah it is, try setting the ringing volume to 4 rather than 5, I read something about 5 being ascending and 4 being normal, dunno though. If you go to expansys.ie forums there's a lot of info on this bug with loads of people experiencing it.

6230i Forum
    http://www.expansys.ie/forum.asp?man=NOKIA&code=119374

Just got an email back from NOKIA support and they are trying to find my nearest NOKIA service center, so hopefully there will be a fix for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Same phone with same firmware (i have it 2 weeks) and the (...) freeze and mp3 acending ringtone on vol 5 happens to me too.

I thought the mp3 ascending thing was fixed with that set to 4 but its not, was really annoying me last night when i was in the car and I couldn't hear messages or calls for a while. :mad:

Advertisement