Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPRS data charges

• 26-07-2005 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Does anybody else think the networks should offer a better bundle deal of GPRS data to encourage non-business users to use it more?

I am sure the volume of use would compensate for reducing the cost.

I think the charges (I used O2 recently to access the net) are disgustingly high.

I would happily pay € 20 a month or something if I got a decent size data allowance. At the moment it is € 7.50 a MB - a MB can be used in as little as a few minutes surfing the net. My next bill is going to be a bit horrific because of this! Needed it as my landline is down.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Im on Meteor and I think it works out at something like 3c a KB, and €2.50 for every 1/2 MB downloaded in one chunk, so all wallpapers downloaded from meteor are 2.50, still damn expensive when the wallpaper is like 10KB!

€7.50 per Meg, ouch!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

vodafone seems to be best for pay as you use from what I can tell, but we still need a better bundle deal from one of the networks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

was just looking at the GPRS data charges in the UK and you can get 1GB per month for GB£ 75 + vat.

Why the hell aren't we getting deals like that here?

Advertisement