Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insuranc€ ren€wal thr€ad!

Options
  • 26-07-2005 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Time for a new, fresher insurance premium thread.

Got my renewal notice in the post today and found myself saying "it'll be 400, no 500, no 600" etc! as I opened the envelope.

In the event its €570 falling from €720 (for 2.0 ltr Merc 1990) so I'm happy enough. I had half-expected the downwards trend to come to a halt just in time to rob me of any improvment.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Paid mine last week, €925 down from €1316 last year, fully comp with bonus protection, etc. 27 year old with 5 years NCB on a '03 2l turbo Saab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Carol Nash kindly let me pay my premium in monthly installments. €1270 on a new 650cc bike, bleedin day light robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

K-TRIC wrote:
    Carol Nash kindly let me pay my premium in monthly installments. €1270 on a new 650cc bike, bleedin day light robbery.
    Hey K-TRIC, do they charge a % for that or is it actually free?

murphaph wrote:
    Hey K-TRIC, do they charge a % for that or is it actually free?

I think its free.

K-TRIC wrote:
    I think its free.
    That's pretty good, although the insurance certificate should come gold inlaid at that price. Is it paid over the full 12 months? (some of them are 6 and 9 months-My Eagle Star car policy was anyway)

• Advertisement

murphaph wrote:
    That's pretty good, although the insurance certificate should come gold inlaid at that price. Is it paid over the full 12 months? (some of them are 6 and 9 months-My Eagle Star car policy was anyway)

It's over 4 months

Cheers K-TRIC. That's perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

mike65 wrote:
    In the event its €570 falling from €720 (for 2.0 ltr Merc 1990) so I'm happy enough. I had half-expected the downwards trend to come to a halt just in time to rob me of any improvment.

That's not too bad Mike a 20% reduction,what company ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Allianz, I've been with them for years now. They always seem to be the cheapest or nearly so for me.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Yea fine Mike,am with them myself for the last couple of years by far the cheapest for me and 'seems' to be a good policy.
    Wont get my renewal til Xmas(great timing !) but was around €640 last time comp on an 04 A4 1.9TDI

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

K-TRIC wrote:
    I think its free.
    45 euro admin fee. Not a good deal.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement