Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BT ZyXel Modem + Belkin Wireless Router

• 26-07-2005 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've just managed to set-up my Belkin wireless router with my BT modem. But when I go to connect my laptop over the network it says I have limited or no connectivity (something about the network not assigning an address?).

Can anybody help me out on this one? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

more than likely have not been assigned a ip by the belkin router.

Have you got your bt modem set to bridge mode so the wireless router handles the ip assigment?

Can you ping the belkin router? or the bt one?

Or login to (Presume those belkins) have some kind of management page?
    normaly 192.188.1.1

Under network connections, /properties/tcp ip/ properties is this set to automatic obtain ip adress?

More specs-
    Router type or model nr
    OS (suspect xp) by the sound of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

AH! Help. I don't know what I did but I lost my internet connection yesterday afternoon and am only back online now. :)

I rang BT and the guy helped me get my ZyXel modem back online but I've just unplugged/unwired the Belkin wireless router cos I'm afraid of it!!! :o

Basically when I installed it yesterday (wireless router), I could still access my broadband through ethernet cable going from modem to router to laptop. But when I unplugged the cable and tried to connect wirelessly, I got an error saying ;
    "Limited Connectivity. The network failed to assign an ip address..."

Mac daddy, I tried what you suggested yesterday, but it was half-way through this when I lost the connection. I'm useless at networking so I'm afraid I can't tell you what I did wrong.

I wonder if anyone could give me step-by-step guide to configuring the Belkin router and configuring my wireless connection on XP Pro?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

To be honest not 100% sure about those belkins -
    I don't really think much of them, rather have a linksys or netgear kit,

Anybody else have any idea on these belkin wireless router?

have you followed the steps on page 14? - second downloa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Very strange things are happening here. I reset the Belkin to the default factory settings and then tried to connect from modem to router to laptop through ethernet cable and it worked. Great! back to step where everything is working when wired.

Then, I unplugged the cable and tried to connect wirelessly. I searched, found my unsecured network and clicked connect. It connected!! Full strength, full connectivity. Everything!

So then I decided I would go back and set-up the wired network again to change security settings. I turned on WPA-PSK, assigned a key, turned on MAC filtering and added my MAC address for laptop. Now when I try to connect it asks me for the key, I enter it, connect and get the stupid "Limited Connectivity" error again. Also, I tried to connect using a false key and it connected (albeit with "limited connectivity").

What the hell is going on here!! Very annoying.

NB; Do I need to do anything with the following;
    Network Connections > Wireless Connection > Properties > Wireless Networks > Preferred Networks > (Select Network) > Properties > Network Key

Is this a different key because it keeps jumping back to it's original after I change it?

Advertisement