Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWW problem wt NTL bbmax

• 26-07-2005 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I can't believe this is a problem with the site I am trying to access.

http://ehostpros.net

I had access to this site on my ntl until few weeks back. Since then, it doesn't work anymore but I managed to access this website from office. Nothing to do with firewall on my machine, other pc on the network cannot view the site too. The router cannot be the problem coz I don't block any site through it. Did also try power cyle the modem and router. No luck. Ping doesn't give any replies.

E-mailed NTL and they seem to be blaming either my PC or the webserver of the site. I tried thou what they "advised" :mad:
    Thank you for your e-mail. Having investigated this with the cable modem department and have advised me of the following:

Try access the website in the internet explorer via IP address. In the address bar remove the current website address and enter the following: 68.98.154.174, if you can access the website via the series of numbers -this indicates a possible PC issue. However if you still remain to be unable to access the above website, please contact the website administrator of ehostpros.net. I hope this is satisfactory.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Cable Modem Support Team on 1800 924 424 or once again e-mail us on customer.support@ntl.ie

And why dialing to 1800 924 924 put me to BT call centre?

Anyone else on NTL bb who can try opening this website?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

And why dialing to 1800 924 924 put me to BT call centre?
    Probably because you dialled the wrong number :)
    The correct number in the email you quoted is 1800 924 424

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

OOps.. didnt see that.. :D

anyway managed to get onto NTL thru 1800 321 321.

.....and..... they will call me back. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I can't hit it from NTL but it's fine from IBB

Good luck with getting NTL to own up to this tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

got temporary solution.

i run my browser connection through ntl proxy, not direct. works well.

my bet it is not my pc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I'm on NTL BB and I can get on http://ehostpros.net no problem or by putting the sites ip address into IE 66.98.154.174

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 cykedout

I just tried the URL you're having problems with via my NTL BB and can get to it fine. However, I have noticed that one or two sites that I could get to previously, now don't work. I keep getting (lots of) timeout issues -- I'm mostly using Netscape/Mozilla -- and I can't seem to solve the problem. Even IE doesn't seem to be able to load a good few sites.

Actually, before I signed up to BB, alot of sites were giving me DNS errors -- couldn't find sites, etc., albeit eventually -- but now it's timeout errors. It's really bugging me. Only real thing I can think of is that my system has degraded and I need to do a fresh install of XP.

Anyone else had similar issues before?

Advertisement