Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time for a promoter sticky?

• 26-07-2005 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

It's getting to the stage where almost half of the threads on this board have been started by promoters who rarely, if ever, post outside of their self promoting threads...
    it's beginning to get on my tits tbh. I reckons they should all be merged and shoved into a sticky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭DJ RichieParker

Hi, firstly i must hold my hand up and say im guilty of this, just comming on here to promote thing, its a very good point you made, there is always a flipside to every argument though, and i feel that mabey the members on here should mabey look at why you are not atracting many normal joe so's who just wana talk about there interest in dance music alone an not just to promote things. Could it be that there is a sort of group on here that just stick to there own and when a new person gets involved they are not paid too much interest, for example i flicked back through some threads and saw a post from some english guy "zade" is it? who asked you to take a listen to his mix, i dont think many people comented to much about the actuall mix but gave out **** about the site he had his mix on and about the pictures he had accompanying his mix, so if people get that kind of feedback I suppose they wouldnt be too interested in talking about music on here etc, So I think the members could have a look at the negative critisism thats on here and also a possibel clique that has developed.

Like you need some people comming on and keeping people up to date on diferent gigs that are happening, and also dj’s who want to promote themselves, okay I took a bit of a liberty at one stage with my first post saying check out this cracking irish dj and I got some rightly deserved negative feedback, but also a lot of the critisism that is given on here is a load of bull and if yee want people to feel comfortable about talking about there interest in music mabey yee should look at that……

tanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,589 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

tman wrote:
    It's getting to the stage where almost half of the threads on this board have been started by promoters who rarely, if ever, post outside of their self promoting threads...
    it's beginning to get on my tits tbh. I reckons they should all be merged and shoved into a sticky

Wholeheartidly agree tman. Have pointed this out many times before. maybe even a sub forum for promoters? But it does totally clutter the main page of this forum with all the threads started by various promoters. Many of which get very low numbers of views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

Hi,
    Yeah, we'd always like to get feedback on this?
    We always keep all our posts in the one thread & do posts once & week at most, usually with charts, downloadable mixes & competitions which
    we hope are of interst to people aside from the night we run.

We also do use this forum regulary as users & do understand that
    sometimes it is annoying when a good site is clogged by unwanted
    posts but we feel our night is relevent to this section,

Anyway if a seperate page is the way to go by all means, we'd personally
    prefer to keep it as is but with better self policing, maybe promoters entitled to 3 posts a month?

Thanks

Backlash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I agree as a regular contributor to this forum sometimes it gets somewhat annoying to see people only coming on to advertise their nights instead of posting on other topics on here so id recomend whoever is the admin of this forum request that promoter people have their own sticky,that way everybody is happy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i actually like the sound of BACKLASH's post.
    it made me change my stance on this matter anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

nobody would look in it if this was the case

at least you can have a look at individual threads about nights you MIGHT be interested in the way it is at the moment instead of having to wade through shedloads of nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

there is a gigs and events board as well, i only put my threads in here because i post in here anyway... even then its like once a fortnight only really... unless i'm on the radio in which case its more of an "omg they were silly enough to let me on the airwaves come listen to me" attention whore kind of way...

backlash's idea sounds good.... and the BEST way to eliminate a load of cluttery threads would be to start interesting new ones, that way the advert threads would swiftly drop down to the bottom of the screen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

would be great if there was some sort of calander feature thingy that we could use on this forum, telling us about whats coming up in the next week or so!

tman: agree totally, too many promotion threads, getting a bit sick of it meself!

Advertisement