Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Won't boot, PC reboots with critical error

Options
  • 26-07-2005 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My friend bought BF2 last week and installed it on his PC. But when he goes to run it, the BF2 screen appears then the screen goes black and you wait for the EA games logo to start but the PC dies and reboots.

I have searched hi and low(as A-HA would say).. .and tried various solutions.

Any help would be great.

Spec.
    intel P4 prescott 3.06Ghz
    Abit is7 e2 mobo
    1gb ram
    250gig hd
    400w psu
    9600pro

The only thing that is bothering me and havn't fixed is the BIOS only detects his dvd rom drive intermitently. I think it's a dodgy ide cable. But i would not be convinced that is causing the BF2 issue.
    Cheers,
    Al.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

have you checked your temps? might be overheating, but yeah bf2 needs to access the dvd drive when the game starts up, so that could be it

Advertisement