Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daedalus and Computer Accounts

Options
  • 26-07-2005 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Questionz to thoze with the infoz

1. Is Daedalus open these days (ie tomorrow?)
    1.b. What hours?

2. Do our computer accounts from last term still work?

My 2Mbit connection at home is all well and dandy but a little frustrating for 2GB of Linux ISO's (Debian if you must know).

Cheers :)

happy kas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

kas: I can give you a copy of ubuntu and save you the hastle...
    am in ucd all the time.
    all the boody time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

1b. I have no idea, but the LGs are open until 9.45 monday to friday, as far as I know. I know they're open until 9.45 tonight anyway - because I'm here.

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

larryone wrote:
    kas: I can give you a copy of ubuntu and save you the hastle...
    am in ucd all the time.
    all the boody time...

Thanks for the offer, but I'll head into UCD tomorrow and pull a few distros to try out. One for the laptop and one for a main PC.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

And yes, 200GB hard drives work! :) Mine got quite a full tummy of Linux distros one day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

On the subject of opening hours, thought ye might like to know that the main library is going to be open 8:45am - 11pm next year, and until midnight in the six weeks leading up to exams. The arts block will be open until 11pm all year round too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Are you serious? Thats pretty good, damn then waiting untill I leave college and then doing that!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

they're just not scared of you anymore that's all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

blondie83 wrote:
    Are you serious? Thats pretty good, damn then waiting untill I leave college and then doing that!

Yeah, shame it's only in the main library though. But it is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

YAY! That means I can spend even more time arsing around and not going home!

• Advertisement
Advertisement