Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hattrick.org

Options
  • 26-07-2005 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Does anyone play the online managment game at www.hattrick.org ?

I kinda need advice on a thing or two! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

i do but not so good unfortunately. There are other people on boards who have well good teams

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Howdy, I play that game as well. What help do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

The way things are going it looks like I'll probably get promoted from IV to III. However, I really don't know if my team is ready for that! My stadium is only 12500 capacity and all my players pull in about 3 stars per match - will I be chewed in III?

Also, whats more important in a coach, experience or skill?

Well, you would want players that are getting a minimum of four stars on inadaquate form going up there I reckon. I'm top of my division IV and even if I win it, which is still dodgy, if I do get promoted I'll get killed up there. But, I can accept that. I can put aside a season to dedicate to training and saving cash to improve the team. When I eventually get back into IV then I'll destroy all the teams there and be in a much better situation going up then.

As for the coach, none of his skills matter when it comes to training. The coach levels go up to excellent but I wouldn't recommend getting one of those (there are very little of them in the entire game). Save some cash and get yourself a solid coach with inadaquate leadership. The leadership is important when it comes to managing your Team Spirit. When you play it cool, your TS goes up 2 levels, when you Match of the Season, it halves. The normal TS is composed. If it is higher than that, it will lower. The better the leadership of your coach, then the slower it'll lower. A clown in the team also helps prevent a drop in TS level when above composed. It works the same way when the TS is lower than composed. The better your coach leadership, then the faster the TS will go up until it reaches composed.

Hope that helps. If you've any other questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

whats your team called Borat? I have a team myself and Im also Irish National Manager. Tis a fantastic game.

If anybody needs any help at all just let me knwo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

Keithor??

Draupnir wrote:
    whats your team called Borat? I have a team myself and Im also Irish National Manager. Tis a fantastic game.

If anybody needs any help at all just let me knwo.

You know me. Just keep it to yourself. Lets just say that I know Redsers from the time they were a scratch in daddy's sack.

Thanks Borat

As long as I know that other managers are in the same boat - as in, will get promoted and savaged! Good players are getting very hard to buy these days!

In terms of wages, are players from some countries less paid then others?

Yes, by day on boards.ie I am Draupnir, some name I read in a book and thought was cool the day I was setting up my boards account. By nite, I play Hattrick and am KeithoR.

So Borat, youre an old school V.5 player I presume? Not really a Kazak TV personality!?

Draupnir wrote:
    Yes, by day on boards.ie I am Draupnir, some name I read in a book and thought was cool the day I was setting up my boards account. By nite, I play Hattrick and am KeithoR.

So Borat, youre an old school V.5 player I presume? Not really a Kazak TV personality!?

[dodgy eastern european accent] Yes I have team. I like to beat other teams - it make me feel like a real man[/dodgy eastern european accent].

But seriously, I started off with a terrible team but now, my midfield has been known to hit the dizzy heights of world class (old).

• Advertisement

Old ratings? Boo-urns.

Yeah, I've had enough of seeing poor weak and inadaquate in my team. I sometimes switch quickly just to analyze a team further but I always revert back again.

Panserborn wrote:
    Thanks Borat

As long as I know that other managers are in the same boat - as in, will get promoted and savaged! Good players are getting very hard to buy these days!

In terms of wages, are players from some countries less paid then others?

It depends on the country in which you are based. For example, I'm based in Ireland, therefore every Irish player I buy will get 100% of his pay. Any other player I buy with a nationality which is not Irish will get 120% ( 20% bonus ). It is so that people will tend to buy players of the nationality that they are based in rather than just constantly buy, for example, Swedish players.

Oh yeah, make sure you keep the youth squad payments at the full and make sure you promote a youth player every week, regardless of how ****e the previous week's player was.

my team gort United. Have been playing for 3 seasons now since november. Its bloody hard having a **** team and slowly building it up. Im envious of the likes of clarenbridge and so forth who have super teams but have been playing if for years so hopefully time will tell.
    In my divison there are 3 really strong teams while the rest of us play catchup.

i wouldnt worry, a lot of the older players are getting bored and we have seen a significant number of older players quit the game recently.

there is a cycle there where dedicated managers who want to climb the leagues definitely can.

for me though, club success isnt the main thing, I like to get involved in the Irish side of things as much as possible. hence I managed to get national manager.

i have to admit though, I wont be happy if I never make division 2 at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

I have managed to get myself into DivIII this season. I have taken a bit of a battering at times. I have been lucky in that I had to be better than only 1 other team in order to survive this season becuase of a bot team falling down from DivII at the same time. Over the course of the season I have bought a lot of players and I am only now able to compete in the league. Most teams going into DivIII seem to bounce but generally come back stronger for it. You will learn a lot from playing higher up in the leagues. So basically learn from it if you go up and next time you will be in a stronger position to survive.

When you take a thumping in III do your fans up and leave? I need their money and the powers that be won't let me hire hot cheerleaders to fill the seats! Money talks in this game!

Panserborn wrote:
    When you take a thumping in III do your fans up and leave? I need their money and the powers that be won't let me hire hot cheerleaders to fill the seats! Money talks in this game!
    A few fans leave alright but when you get relegated its a good thing for a few reasons:
    1. You should win your division easily as you have been adding to your squad the previous season to try and compete with the division III sides.
    2. Because you'll win your division easily, you'll get far more fans joining the club than the amount you lost the previous season.
    3. You'll get loads of cash as you won't need to buy players to win the division and you'll also get prize money.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Johnny_Trotter

Hey Galwaydude, a friend of mine is in your league, managing Twente (he's having a crap season though after being in first til last game of last season)...

As Draupnir has said there is a cycle where teams will drop out at higher levels and ones below will rise to the challenge and promote, and improve because of it.
    My team is a nice example. (username here same as HT)

With the new season about to start, now would be the perfect time to sign up to Hattrick if any is interested.

Ireland always needs more players and trust me when I say, you will love this game. Absolutely no question.

• Advertisement

i aggree, hatrcik is very addictive. When you join dont be discouraged as it takes a few seasons to get your team into shape.

Its by far the best free online management game.

galwaydude wrote:
    i aggree, hatrcik is very addictive. When you join dont be discouraged as it takes a few seasons to get your team into shape.

Its by far the best free online management game.

Damn right.

It is really discouraging at the start though, losing 5-1 to terrible teams is one way to get turned off it. But it does get better eventually. This is my fourth full season and its been a really exciting one. I was in a race for the title in division 4, we were level all the way and now with a game left, I've won it - which is nice.

Definatly the best game on the www. However a few warnings must be issued ..........

1. Your work production will decrease

2. Your heartrate will increase

3. You better have a good excuse for your girlfriend when she asks why you´re so blue and you can´t tell her you were outbid for the perfect player by a pi$$y 1000 bucks.

Seriously, a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭the tipster

is it hard to start a team up and do you have to be available everyday.

come on cahill to score first tonight 11/1 shot and he is playing up front no beattie

its not hard to start up, just go to www.hattrick.org and register.

all you need is patience as it can be very frustrating when you lose week in, week out. This season has been really exciting for me, beat the best team in the league twice and proberly cost him the league, only 2 defeats he has all season.Oh well they were both tight games, 5:4 away in the first game and 6:5 at home in the return.

Only thing my gf is starting to complain lol as she cant understand when your team has just beaten one of the big boys and you are as happy as pig in **** lol

galwaydude wrote:
    its not hard to start up, just go to www.hattrick.org and register.

all you need is patience as it can be very frustrating when you lose week in, week out. This season has been really exciting for me, beat the best team in the league twice and proberly cost him the league, only 2 defeats he has all season.Oh well they were both tight games, 5:4 away in the first game and 6:5 at home in the return.

Only thing my gf is starting to complain lol as she cant understand when your team has just beaten one of the big boys and you are as happy as pig in **** lol

Women! They'll never understand us.

*Rolls eyes*

is it hard to start a team up and do you have to be available everyday.

Nope, cup/friendly games are on Wedensday and league games on Sunday. Just gota log in those days to set your stuff up. When you're buying a new player the bidding is in real time so you might have to log on a few times to make sure u get him! Lots of fun!

Howye again.

I don't have any money going into my youth team at the moment (for shame!), if I start putting 20,000 large into the team per week about how long would it take to get it to the point that I could get pretty good players out of it?

Panserborn wrote:
    Howye again.

I don't have any money going into my youth team at the moment (for shame!), if I start putting 20,000 large into the team per week about how long would it take to get it to the point that I could get pretty good players out of it?
    I can't remember but it takes the best part of two seasons to get to the hightest level (excellent). As for decent players, well it depends on how good/bad your team is at the moment. If you get a 17 year old inadaquate defender for example, well you should definately keep him if you train defending. But if you're going selling him, don't hold your breath for a big transfer fee.

However, it is week 1 and all youth pulls in this week are worth more than in any other week depending on their skill, so an inadaquate defender might get you something.

Why aren't you putting 20k into the youth squad as it is? Its the only way you'll get a foot in the door. At the moment my best player is a player I got from the youths a few seasons back.

• Advertisement

Been watching the money for the last couple of seasons and tried to get my stadium earning me some cash before investing in the youths. It is time to get the youngsters going though. I think I need a better coach as well but to upgrade to a solid skill guy will cost me half a mil - which is half my budget!

Advertisement