Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hattrick.org

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

be carefull with that, you could get a solid coach that drops the week after.

Hurtling up the league in IV.13.

reecently paid a club record E600,000 on a formidable striker.

And have a homegrown player who was a utility man, but now a 5000 TSI everpresent team captain.

*sigh* i love this game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Ruadan wrote:
    be carefull with that, you could get a solid coach that drops the week after.

Hurtling up the league in IV.13.

reecently paid a club record E600,000 on a formidable striker.

And have a homegrown player who was a utility man, but now a 5000 TSI everpresent team captain.

*sigh* i love this game. :D

That was a savage deal. I bought one for 800 and any of the transfer compares on him are at minimum 750 grand. How did you manage that?

he's old (30) and has few secondaries, and i bought him in that lull in the transfer market near seasons end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Panserborn wrote:
    Been watching the money for the last couple of seasons and tried to get my stadium earning me some cash before investing in the youths. It is time to get the youngsters going though. I think I need a better coach as well but to upgrade to a solid skill guy will cost me half a mil - which is half my budget!
    You should always invest something (preferably the maximum) in your youth squad. There is always the chance you will pull a superstar worth €4million or so. If you pull goalkeepers at the start, you can make decent money too. Saw it somewhere before, that it takes 2-3 seasons before you make back the money you spent on your stadium to expand it - thats before you start making any money. So in effect its really 'dead' money, when you consider that you could have pulled a double excellent player in that time :)

Boro wrote:
    You should always invest something (preferably the maximum) in your youth squad. There is always the chance you will pull a superstar worth €4million or so. If you pull goalkeepers at the start, you can make decent money too. Saw it somewhere before, that it takes 2-3 seasons before you make back the money you spent on your stadium to expand it - thats before you start making any money. So in effect its really 'dead' money, when you consider that you could have pulled a double excellent player in that time :)
    Double excellent? Yeah right.

A friend of mine in the game pulled a solid week one playmaker with handy but not great secodaries, then he pulled a passable playmaker in week 2 with something like solid passing and passable defending. That player sold for about 1.8 million. Jammy b@stard.

• Advertisement

Double excellent? Yeah right
    ya never know

Anyway i was trying to say that you cant win the lottery if you dont buy a ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Bowser

I'm playing in my second full season (Team name: Va va voom!). I pulled a 17 year old solid winger with inadequate passing. I sold him for 850000 and got a 21 yr olf formiddable midfielder for my top of the table clash at the weekend!

Hattrick is crazy. I look forward to Wednesdays and Sundays each week! Anyone who has a little patience and like football management sims should definitely sign up!

My Hattrick Week:

Monday: Agonise about sundays match, blame hattrick 'random factor' for result.
    Tuesday: nothing happens, bored! Do some real work for once.
    Wednesday: Worry about the match that night, change team 50 times.
    Thursday: Nit pick over result, curse HTRF again.
    Friday: Training day! hope for pops and curse the form monkey.
    Saturday: Try to pull the new Dunbar, sack 22yr old 0 tsi player instead.
    Sunday: plan for the league match, celebrate victory (hopefully).

In like my 7th season i'm finally getting somewhere.

Season1, IV, 3 matches, relegated
    Season2, V promoted
    Season3 IV relegated
    Season4 V promoted
    Season5 IV survive (playoff)
    Season6 IV survive
    Season 7, thusfar 3rd place.

best ever YP was a Solid 17 yo defender, passable PM and inad passing, sold for nearly half a mil.

Boro wrote:
    My Hattrick Week:

Monday: Agonise about sundays match, blame hattrick 'random factor' for result.
    Tuesday: nothing happens, bored! Do some real work for once.
    Wednesday: Worry about the match that night, change team 50 times.
    Thursday: Nit pick over result, curse HTRF again.
    Friday: Training day! hope for pops and curse the form monkey.
    Saturday: Try to pull the new Dunbar, sack 22yr old 0 tsi player instead.
    Sunday: plan for the league match, celebrate victory (hopefully).

LOL! Classic!

You've just described my life in one post! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

I bought a left-back with pretty good stats and he played well for a few weeks. Recently (in the space of a game!) his form went from solid to wretched :eek: and he is playing utter crap!

Why did this happen so fast when he was a good player and a solid defender? So feicing annoying! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

I bought a defender a few weeks ago and his form went down to wretched straight away.I wouldnt mind but his stats for defending is excellent.So have to play him now in friendlies to get his form back, its poor at the moment. Hattrick can be so frustrating sometimes.

galwaydude wrote:
    I bought a defender a few weeks ago and his form went down to wretched straight away.I wouldnt mind but his stats for defending is excellent.So have to play him now in friendlies to get his form back, its poor at the moment. Hattrick can be so frustrating sometimes.

Damn right. I bought a defender for about 120k just after I started and got him cheap enough because his form was wretched. But the way I figured, it would pay off in the long term because eventually I'd have a decent defender for a cheap price.

Yeah right. Nearly two full months later, his form was still wretched, had to sell him to keep out of serious debt. I've hated him ever since. I barely made my money back on the b@stard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i can't reg with em, they ask for a postcode even when i select country of origin Ireland, now i tried entering my old London one but i gor an e-mail from em knocking me back on registering. any ideas folks?

i tried to call my team "Shamrock Rovers SC" would this cause an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Nope, I cant imagine that would cause a problem. For postcode just put a D11 or whatever in Dublin.

Otherwise just stick down N/A.

I think there are problems right now with registering in Ireland because the Irish gamesmaster is away.

I'll head into the game conference and try to get some answers.

i can't reg with em, they ask for a postcode even when i select country of origin Ireland, now i tried entering my old London one but i gor an e-mail from em knocking me back on registering. any ideas folks?

As far as I know, (don't quote me on this) you can just enter 0000 as the postcode and it should work. (thats four zeros as opposed to four o's, if you know what I mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Draupnir wrote:
    I think there are problems right now with registering in Ireland because the Irish gamesmaster is away.

The GM is back now, lads. Has anyone tried since?

mugger.

i've not tried, and it wouldn't allow me to use my D.12

Finding it hard to book matches with teams from other countries. Where do ye go to mix up the football gene pool a little?

• Advertisement

I just accept challenges, theres lots of people these days from Eastern Europe willing to travel to Breaffy for matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

If anyone wants to sign up then you should be grand now, the gm for Ireland is back and has been made aware that people are having problems signing up.

blu_sonic, try again, I'm sure you could even name your team Shamrock Rovers, I dont think there is already a club called that.

Havent been on boards in ages so came to the last thread i was on.
    So hows everyones season going so far in hattrick? Joint top in my series (iv.27) and hoping to win it.

stuck in 4th, looks like i'll finish there fo the second season running, despite spending 2 million this season. :(

Second in iv.5, lots to play for yet but I suppose another season in iv will give me time to build my team in prep for iii!

I'm struggling to survive in iii.10 at the moment. I've money in the bank if I want to spend it but I want to save it. I'd like to survive without spending if at all possible. If I do get relegated though it won't be the worst thing - I didn't really expect to survive in iii long anyway.

WOW :eek:

I've just promoted my first ever youth team player. A 4000 tsi solid keeper on passable form. Why didn't I do this earlier!

Is there any way to get new players stamina up without wasting good training time on other things like defence and stuff?

Train stamina in the 2 week off-season between seasons. Play 2 friendlys in this time, All your players get training, some won't pop, some will pop 1 level, some 2, its random, but always worthwhile, go back to your normal training regime when the new season starts cause form lowers as you train stamina.

Panserborn wrote:
    WOW :eek:

I've just promoted my first ever youth team player. A 4000 tsi solid keeper on passable form. Why didn't I do this earlier!

Is there any way to get new players stamina up without wasting good training time on other things like defence and stuff?
    As Ruadan said, the best time to train stamina is the off season because when you train stamina, the form of your players goes down. Stamina only takes a week to pop up a level but don't be too worried when some players don't pop. I think its something like 60% of your players will pop and that 60% is chosen at random (I'm not sure about this though - maybe Draupnir could confirm? He's the national team manager).

Visually you might not see much because even though a player gets training, he might not pop up a level. i.e. think of it in mathematical terms. Say if a player has inadaquate stamina, well inadaquate means his stamina is somewhere between 5 and 6. So if his stamina is something like 5.001, after he gets training the stamina might be 5.991, which is still technically inadaquate, but just about to be passable.

• Advertisement

Sorry to be asking silly questions again .....................

For a new coach, whats more important - leadership or skill?

My choices are solid leadership and passable skill, or, weak/inad leadership and solid skill.

Should I change coach during a season or wait til the gap weaks?

Advertisement