Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hattrick.org

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

Change whenever you need to.

Coach skill is more important, especially for training, leadership helps with team spirit when youu MOTS a match.

If you can afford it get a solid coach.

Are you recruiting externally or going to make one of your players coach.?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Externally, got about 700,000 to spend on one. Don't think any of my players are up to the job!

hmm, AFAIK its cheaper to buy a high exp player and convert him, you have to wait till he's been in yer squad a season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

@Panserborn

As Ruadan said its definately cheaper to buy a high experience player and convert him. If you're in a hurry to get a coach though, recruiting externally is the way to go. If you're not worried too much about how your team performs and you just want to concentrate on training I recommend getting a coach with Solid skill and poor leadership, he'll be the cheapest external coach you can hire.

Here's the list of what you can get:

solid trainer with poor leadership: 268 700
    solid trainer with weak leadership: 617 100
    solid trainer with inadaquate leadership: 1 112 900
    solid trainer with passable leadership: 1 758 500
    solid trainer with solid leadership: 2 555 500

Can you post your team ID here so I can have a look and suggest what you should get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

If you are hiring externally, then its not really worth buying in anything other than a solid/poor unless you are loaded. weak/inadequate leadership doesnt really cut it for the price you pay for them. In the case of inadequate and above, its cheaper to convert an existing player. He has to have been in your squad for 16 weeks though before you can convert him.

• Advertisement

Can you post your team ID here so I can have a look and suggest what you should get?

Team is Goalfinger (73888).

Looking at the transfer market to scout a ringer that I can convert next season. To get a good coach should I be looking at nothing less then solid experience?

Unless you want to play him a bit, you should be able to get a fairly skilless past it 30-something year old solid exp for 100,000 at most...

Panserborn wrote:
    Team is Goalfinger (73888).

Looking at the transfer market to scout a ringer that I can convert next season. To get a good coach should I be looking at nothing less then solid experience?

Whatever you do, don't get anything less than a solid coach. You could get an old player with passable experience and play him in your friendlies until he's got solid experience, but that could take ages.

Try to get one whos leadership is about inadaquate. I got my current coach, who had solid experience and inadaquate leadership at the time, for 77 grand. That was nothing. Can't remember how much it was to convert him but it ended up less than what it would be to get a solid/inadaquate coach externally.

I noticed that in some of your games you reposition an inner midfielder as a striker. Never do this because midfield is the most important area of the game. There are ways to combat it but play at least two in there all the time, if not three.

I couldn't figure out what you're training. What are you training? Or are you waiting until you get your new coach? If you are training, then most of the players that you are training are too old, the youngest I spotted was 20 and he was a keeper.

1. Decide what you're going to train.
    2. Get yourself some 17 year old inadaquate or passables in week 1 of the new season.
    3. Convert the player that you're about to buy to a coach when you can.
    4. In a few seasons when they're about outstanding or brilliant sell them.
    5. Get yourself a stadium upgrade. Go for 40 thousand seats anyway.
    (Make sure that you divide the seats up correctly, there are some tools to help you do that. Type "hattrix files" into google and you should find it in there somewhere. You need to pay for it but you can use it for a week or something for free. There's an arenasizer in there that will tell you how much of each seat to add on.)

Thats it for now, can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

I just had a quick look at the transfer list. There are future coaches going for half nothing.

One fella there was perfect for you. Solid experience with inadaquate leadership and the current bid was 57 grand. I would have posted his id but the deadline was a minute away :)

When you go to the transfer list, put in these search limits:
    experience at least: solid
    tsi maximum : 10000

There's loads of them there. Unfortunately there's no leadership filter so you'll just have to search yourself until you find one with inadaquate or higher leadership.

Good tips Borat, mind me asking whats your username on hattrick?

• Advertisement

Thanks Borat

I'll see what I can get and think to the future!

Boro wrote:
    Good tips Borat, mind me asking whats your username on hattrick?

Begs99

I had a great season last season and this season I'm in a last day survival fight with the team just above me for survival. Could go either way. Most exciting time I've had in hattrick so far.

@Panserborn

You can contact me in hattrick as well if you like and I can give you more advice if you need it. You posted earlier that you were asking a silly question - there's no such thing. I must thank you actually because you reminded me that I should be looking for another coach meself. I've just spotted a player whos got excellent expierence with passable leadership on the list for about 30k. He won't go for that I know but still, and of course I'm not going to tell you who it is because I don't want you bidding against me :)

I noticed that in some of your games you reposition an inner midfielder as a striker. Never do this because midfield is the most important area of the game. There are ways to combat it but play at least two in there all the time, if not three.

I couldn't figure out what you're training. What are you training? Or are you waiting until you get your new coach? If you are training, then most of the players that you are training are too old, the youngest I spotted was 20 and he was a keeper.

I re-position a midfielder in order to get 3 across the front, goals were coming up short. Is a muscle midfield better for goals? If so then I'll have to re-think my formations!

For the same reason (goal famine!:( ) I was training on shooting to give the strikers a bit more bite. Has age got an influence on training?

Thanks to all for all the advice:D , I'm in this game without much experience so all sage words are welcome and appreciated!

Begs99

I had a great season last season and this season I'm in a last day survival fight with the team just above me for survival. Could go either way. Most exciting time I've had in hattrick so far.

Congrats on winning supporter!

Try to think of it like this. The better your midfield, the more of the ball you will have. If you dont have the ball, your attackers cant score, no matter how good they are!

Most people that train strikers play 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 with 3 inner midfielders (never use 4 IM's or you will lose training!). They make one of their defenders an extra inner midfielder and use their wingers as extra strikers and defenders.

Be warned though that the more repositions (ie 'extras') you have, the weaker your team will perform as they lose a certain % of their main skill.

Whatever you decide to train (goalies, defenders, wingers, midfielders or strikers), you should get young guys in (17/18) with decent skills (inadequate or passable if you are just starting and money is tight). The younger they are, the faster they train. Just focus on their main skills, dont worry about any of the other stuff. When you get more experienced and richer, then you can look at sideskills and specialities.

One thing to watch out for is the end of the season coming up. The new season starts around new years day. Around then, EVERY player ages by one year. So if you are trying to buy trainees, check their 'memorable moments' tag to make sure they arent immediatly going to age a year (and lose value).

Keep the questions coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

I won my division by miles in my first season, but when i go to the page that shows who's getting promoted(i think) i'm not there...

Am i automatically promoted if i win my division?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

I too won my division Ireland V.19 but I don't know if i'm going to be promoted to V.18 or IV.19. Does anyone know when this all shakes itself out.

If you go to your league page and check down the bottom right hand corner, there should be a link down there that says something like 'about promotion'. Check that and it should show 9 or 10 teams with a line in the middle. If you have done better than the teams above the line (better points/ goal difference etc) then you get automatically promoted. If you are worse than the teams above the line then you have to play a qualifier. Check your matches screen to see who you have to play. Thats the division you will be going into.

If you are in IV or above and want to check where you are going, then go to http://ireland.hatstats.info and click the 'promotions to I/II/III' link (its up the top in the middle of the page).

Won my league myself, on the last day. Now i have a qualifier to look forward to myself.

KeithMur wrote:
    I too won my division Ireland V.19 but I don't know if i'm going to be promoted to V.18 or IV.19. Does anyone know when this all shakes itself out.
    You will go up to a series in IV, not the next number in V.

Boro wrote:
    Congrats on winning supporter!

Thanks! I'm delighted with it. New features are deadly.

@ Everyone asking about promotion

For every division in one level, there are four divisions in the level below it.
    i.e. There is one premier division, there are four division 2s, 16 division 3s etc...

So, when you win your division, you get ranked according to all the other division winners. i.e. Some of you in here have won your division 5, so you're going to be ranked according to all the other division 5 winners. It goes by:
    goals scored
    coin toss

As far as I know. Then, half of the teams go straight into division 4 (the top half of the teams according to the rank), the other half (the teams at the bottom end of the ranks) go into playoffs with teams that are already in division 4.

So if you want to find out if you're promoted straight away or not, then go to your division page, take a note of how many points you've got, click on the "Promotion" link thats on the right hand side of the page towards the bottom, and it will show you the cutoff point. If you have more points than the team just below the cutoff point, then you're promoted straight away, otherwise, you'll have to win a playoff.

Of course you could also just go to your current matches and if you've got a qualification game coming up, then you're obviously not up straitht away (D'oh)

Keep the questions going definately!

• Advertisement

If there is still confusion over the promotion thing, here's an example. If you search for the division V.5 and go to it.

Here it is:

1. Evilbunny United 14 74 - 8 42
    2. Fennobache 14 32 - 20 26
    3. leixlip town 14 24 - 26 24
    4. deadly lions 14 18 - 32 14
    5. galen pcd 14 15 - 29 14
    6. The Shed Brigade 14 21 - 30 13
    7. leeside 14 15 - 35 13
    8. FC CHUBBY CHECKS 14 14 - 33 11

Now, evilbunny have ended up with 42 points. So we now click on the "Promotion" link towards the right hand side of the page and we get this:

125. Westmeath Warriors 39 - 13 34
    126. Killenagh Wanderers 32 - 6 34
    127. Dublin City FC 31 - 9 34
    128. Shannon Celtic 35 - 16 34
    129. the fluffy crotches 26 - 8 34
    130. Connemara Athletic 28 - 11 34
    131. The Larne Bhoys 36 - 20 34
    132. Sligo Celtic 27 - 12 34

Now as you can see (sorry about the silly formatting - does boards allow the table tag anyone know??) every team here is on 34 points. This is a table of all the division 5 winners. Because evilbunny finished on 42 points, he's obviously higher than the cutoff point (higher than the fluffy crotches in this case) and he's straight up. Every team from the fluffy crotches down has to play a qualifier.

And if you don't get it after that, how do you get through the day?

:)

This is in the hattrick Ireland conferences but I thought that this might help out here as well. These are the official dates of when everything will be prepared for the new season.

18/12/05 Sunday
    * Last league game
    * Money for topscorers

20-21/12/05 Tuesday/Wednesday
    * Friendlies

Christmas Day! Sunday
    * Qualification matches
    * Prize money for league position
    * Bonus money for promotion
    * Membership fees from the supporters
    * 10% increase of supporters for teams that are promoted
    * 10% decrease of supporters for teams that are relegated
    * Medals are distributed
    * The league you will play in next season becomes official

27-28/12/05 Tuesday/Wednesday
    * Friendlies
    * Cupdraw for season 24

New Years Day 2006 Sunday
    * Team spirit, team self confidence, supporters and sponsors are reset to normal value
    * No matches at all
    * Latest this day, the matches are "drawn" for the new leagues
    * This is the Sunday when the "first" youths can be pulled. These youths will not age until next season switch (in 16 weeks)

02/01/06 Monday
    * Players grow older, get a new wage and yellow/red cards are reset
    * Elections Start

04/01/06 Wednesday
    * Cup first round
    * Friendlies

08/01/06 Sunday
    * First league game for season

Hope this clears things up. Take note that the league you play in next season won't become official until christmas day.

Here is where you can tell who is going to be in your league next season and where you are going: http://www.rembrandt.net/hattrick/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

New season starts in a week lads, everybody all set?

I'm going into III.5 and it looks like my work will be cut out for me to stay up. Confident of at least a top 6 finish though, most of the managers in the league look to stick with the same tactics a lot.

Anybody else promote?

Congrats to Borat on winning his qualifier!

Just looling around the transfer markets for a couple of young'uns. Finished in the exact same place as last season - 3rd in IV.5. Need to up my game a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 erceefce

My Hattrick team :)

CappellenFC (841230)

tomorrow, I play against an italian team en the week after it the first round in the Belgian Cup.
    Wish me luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 erceefce

Draupnir wrote:
    Anybody else promote?

I was the champion in my league and had the topscorer :cool:

Draupnir wrote:
    New season starts in a week lads, everybody all set?

I'm going into III.5 and it looks like my work will be cut out for me to stay up. Confident of at least a top 6 finish though, most of the managers in the league look to stick with the same tactics a lot.

Anybody else promote?

Congrats to Borat on winning his qualifier!
    Thanks!

I only scraped it (ts was in bits after last league game) but they all count.

Good luck in iii.5. Haven't checked it out but reckon that your team should be well able for a top 6 finish. Not sure I'll be here next season though. I'm trying to save cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

what's the story with press announcements?

How do you make them, and is there any point?

• Advertisement

elefant wrote:
    what's the story with press announcements?

How do you make them, and is there any point?

You need to be a supporter to be able to make them. It costs 6 euro for a 3 month subscription.

Is there ever a point to making press announcements ? ;)

Advertisement