Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hattrick.org

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

When you pull a turnip from the youth team that is doing nothing but drain your accounts, what the most efficient way to get rid of him - without affecting morale and the likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

You can just fire him. If you click on him, there is a link towards the bottom RHS of the page that says something like "Fire this player". You'll be taken to a page that says something like "Are you sure you want to fire this player? This action cannot be undone etc"

By the way, get used to that link. You'll be using it a lot in your hattrick managerial career.

Before you fire him though, there are a few things you should check for. Skills aren't the only things that matter in the game when it comes to players. You should check his leadership, if its solid then he's worth selling or 'training' to become your coach. You should also check his 'agreeability'.

i.e. A sympathetic guy who is balanced and honest.

The bold bit is the important bit. If that says "A popular guy...." then you have to check the rest of the sentence. If it says ".... who is calm and righteous" then you've got a clown on your hands and you can sell him. There is a set price for clowns and I think its about 75k but I'm not sure.

Clowns help out your team spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

anyone up for a friendly this week? I haven't arranged any yet.

Can't play friendlies yet cause somehow, I'm still in the cup! Team last week should have chewed me up but beat them 3-2. This week I am bo1ixed though!

hahaha no worries. anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 darren85

hi just came across this! highbell Utd iv.34 aka highgiant!

So apart from kiethor and Goalfinger who are the other teams here?

well im the very imaginative ac blessington

darren85 wrote:

Manager of An Ríocht here.

Just a reminder, if you're reading this and you're not registered with www.hattrick.org then go there now and sign up. In the sign up page, make sure that you select Ireland from the menu for league to join because the default is england - and we don't want to play in that godforesaken place now do we? ;)

So 5 games gone this season, hows everyone doing?

I'm second from bottom and out of the cup after playing only one home game so no cash bonuses for me. I'll probably get relegated as well but I'm on a 5 year plan anyway.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

well im second after 2 years of struggle in my league. Out of the cup also but dont care about that.

• Advertisement

I'm somehow hammering the goals in. Top of the table in IV.5 with 36 scored and 2 conceaded. Best start I ever had.

Also got to round 4 of the cup but got my a$$ handed to me there.

All in all, a happy season ........................... so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

our league (IV.13) is really competitive this year. big top 2 clash between me and the leader (just ahead on GD now) this weekend. Very exciting, especially as i seem to have found a good striker, knocked in 5 goals in his last match to be second top scorer in the league. WOO. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

darren85 wrote:

Boroie here

I'm brutal, the perenial whipping boys of IV 43. Can't score, conceed like a Sunderland side with a flu epidemic ripping through the defense and have absolutely woeful players that all seem dishonest with no experience what so ever.

So does that answer the question of how im doing?

I have a striker that has been in my team from the start. His goal scoring tally is as follows:

Career Goals: 63
    Career Hattricks: 5
    League goals this season: 10
    Cup goals this season: 4

He is the current top scorer in the league but his "scoring" rating is still only passable. What the feic does he have to do to get a solid rating? :confused:

Panserborn wrote:
    I have a striker that has been in my team from the start. His goal scoring tally is as follows:

Career Goals: 63
    Career Hattricks: 5
    League goals this season: 10
    Cup goals this season: 4

He is the current top scorer in the league but his "scoring" rating is still only passable. What the feic does he have to do to get a solid rating? :confused:
    The player won't get better if you don't train him. If you want your striker to get up to solid scoring then you have to train scoring. It won't happen straight away, it might take a few weeks. Scoring goals is no indication of how good or bad a striker is.

If you want more training information, hattrick mail me. My username is "Begs99". I'm not on here as often as I am on hattrick.

Although bear in mind that the older the player, the slower he trains.

So how did everyone finish off? I was top of the table (yae!) without losing a point (double yae!). In trouble next year though, need to beef up my team a little.

I finished 6th but I barely scraped it. I was level on points and I was only two goals ahead on goal difference.

I've a tough qualifier coming up next sunday now so its not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

5th, wanted second, but there were 5 teams that could have gotten it, first place and the 2 religated were obvious from the start and everyone else was very evenly matched. Bot qualifier, and second will be the limits of my ambition next year, the religated team looks immense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Boro wrote:
    Boroie here

Hi Andy. Cavehill Red here too, fresh from my success in reaching the last 16 of the NI cup!

yo Cave! hows it going? On for a cupset this season? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

How is everyone doing this season.

Im am first.Have won my first 6 games. It helps that my league has gone to pot with people leaving and newbies coming in. 5 of the teams maybe 6 dont give a **** really. Who am i too complain though.:D

galwaydude wrote:
    How is everyone doing this season.

Im am first.Have won my first 6 games. It helps that my league has gone to pot with people leaving and newbies coming in. 5 of the teams maybe 6 dont give a **** really. Who am i too complain though.:D
    I'm second in a league I have a good chance of winning. I have to play the top team in the second last game so I have to keep up with him until then.

I'm getting destroyed but its my first season in III so its not so bad.

Winning my league at the moment.

@Galwaydude
    Yer man Mieczewo's divine jumped 80k TSI this week and up to poor form. Might be a problem by the time i play him again (in 3 weeks).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Sorry if its a stupid question but just signed up (Reganio Rebels) and how do you know where the players play.

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Sorry if its a stupid question but just signed up (Reganio Rebels) and how do you know where the players play.
    You judge that by their highest main skill. For example:

Stamina: weak Keeper: disastrous
    Playmaking: inadequate Passing: passable
    Winger: passable Defending: weak
    Scoring: weak Set pieces: inadequate

This player is a winger. This is because his winger skill is the highest of his main skills. Passing is joint highest but that is not a main skill, its a secondary skill. The main skills are Scoring, Winger, Defending, Playmaking, and Keeper. anything else is secondary (but still important).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Reganio 2 wrote:

http://hem.passagen.se/hammervald/abc_of_tactics_index.htm gives a lot of help to new players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Thanks for your help how is everybody doing

Advertisement