Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaunas v Liverpool

• 26-07-2005 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

the Team

=========Reina
    Josemi==Hyypiä==Carra==Riise
    Potter=Alonso=Gerrard=Zenden
    ======Cissé==Crouch

the bench

Dudek
    Garcia
    Hamann
    Morientes
    Warnock
    Sissoko
    Medjan

A couple of suprises there I mean Josemi and a start for Potter.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Seems as though its a case of Potter turning himsself into a winger or not getting a chance.

Was surprised to see Josemi there myself, but with Finnan out hes probably the natural choice.

Was hoping Warnock would be playing, I'd like to see him develop into a first teamer this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

would love to see Kaunas pull off a shock here,go for it lads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

mike65 wrote:
    A couple of suprises there I mean Josemi and a start for Potter.
    Josemi starts because Finnan has a knock.

Im hope we get a chance to see some of Sissoko.

Looks like Norwich have turned up. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Anyone got a stream?

• Advertisement

1-0 Kaunas, not to concerned though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Anyone got a stream?
    audio only :(

wish i had sky sports....

gwan cissé

1-1

1-1 Cisse. I would blame the defender marking Cisse, what th ehell was he at trying to clear a ball with his head that was 2 foot off the ground instead of hoofing it half way up the pitch.? Amateur stuff.

Anyway, Gift horse and all that.

2-1. You'll never believe it, Carra's only gone and bloody scored. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    audio only :(

wish i had sky sports....

Link to audio stream?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

hyypia looking afwul,
    josemi looking pretty good i think in far better shape than last year,
    potter is not going to make it me thinks,
    everyone else as usual.
    cisse is some man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Stekelly wrote:
    1-0 Kaunas, not to concerned though.
    lol

Couldn't believe that when I read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

G'wan Jamie! How are they playing? Why has no-one posted a stream link?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

any live streams?!?!?!

Doesn't seem to be any video streams :( BBC website have live audio though, from the scouser region tho - horrifying!

Five Live it is then.

Mike.

Fecking scousers moaning about competitive games during the close season. Had to turn it off, turn it back on in about 5 minutes. Couldn't listen to that tripe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Winamp link:
    http://lfc:lfc@66.90.73.160:4545/;stream.nsv

Probably be a full server but keep trying and you should get on.

Peno!

Mike.

• Advertisement

3-1.

Gerrard gets his obligatory goal.

Sissoko is preparing to make his competitve debut. Garcia might be comming on.

Mike.

Sissoko on for Gerrard.

Potter off, Garcia on.

Garcia injured.

Hahaha.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Garcia injured.

Hahaha.

Hes grand

Hahahhahaha

wtf?

I thought Gerrard swore he was taking no more penos! And I wish those dogs would shut up!

Mike.

Stekelly wrote:
    Hes grand

Hahahhahaha

wtf?
    he was referring to jerry garcia from the Grateful Dead.

jeez, keep with the program...

• Advertisement

Crouch off, Morientes on.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

not a bad aul result, disappointed with the back 4, esp, hyypia and riise.

sissoko looked good, crouch looked good too, walk in the park really though!

Stekelly wrote:
    Hes grand

Hahahhahaha

wtf?
    The lads on BBC started going on about him limping within seconds of entering the field of play and that it was up to Rafa to decide what to do etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Cisse should have bagged a hat-trick, his finishing is as bad as Heskey's. I don't mean just in that game, in general. He doesn't use his brain eonugh when through on goal. Hit the thing and hope it goes in, a la EH. Riise was his usual self, still don't think he's good enough. He can't tackle, can't pass consistently well, and he hasn't got the confidence or ability to get past any right back at any level of the game.

Just nit-pickin there! Good result, 2nd leg a formality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Bit disappointed with the pool 2nite....

I didn't rate Josemi, looks a bit dodgy to me..Finnan much better :D
    Hyppia showed 2nite that we need new center back.....he was sluggish and will be a weak spot in the team this season which opponents will be looking to exploit! :(

Risse and Zenden didn't link up well. I suppose the more games they get together the more this will be ironed out...
    Thought Zenden was just ok, put some good crosses into the box, but sometimes a bit greedy and too obsessed with getting his 1st goal inside playing the easy ball in the box. Also does offer much getting back, risse and himself will have to work something out coz we could get caught on the counter if both of them are up the field.....

Young Potter had a good game imo, lacks pace, put has got some nice touches...got a few nice crosses in too.

I'm still not sure if Alonso and Gerrard can play well together......when Alonso plays, Gerrard doesn't seem to be in the game....

Cisse.....really hit and miss for me...he could really have had a hat trick...it worries me when a striker gets 1 and 1 with the keeper and misses (2 in this game I think)...not a natural finisher at all...has great pace tho...

Crouchy, I thought he played well....nice assist! Holds up the ball well and has good some nice touches....

Sissoko, some nice crunching tackles - he's gonna be a star!

Garcia....he's a great player but gives the ball away in dangerous situations!

all the rest were ok.........

Comfortable enough tho in the end, wasn't at all worried when they scored. I def think we need a few defenders asap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I thought Josemi was poor enough. 3 times in the first half he played them onside by being behind the line. Luckily the linesman didnt spot them and Reina was fast off his line.

Big Sami is phacked alright - and he knows it too - he looked devasted when yer man scored knowing that he was at fault.

Hard to judge Reina but the signs are prominsing. Had to laugh at the Sky commentator saying he's 6'5". He looks only about 6 foot.

Sissoko looked very promising, which was a pleasant surprise.

Zenden looks like he'll join a long list of foreign wingers who'll have moments of brilliance but will frustrate the hell out of supporters.

Potter looks promising, but I doubt he'll make it at Liverpool. He's an attacking central midfielder, not a right winger, so its hard to see him getting a chance in his best position.

Crouch looks pure useless at times, but he's game and I'd say he'll be effective. I'd like to see Baros play alongside him. Despite getting a really good poacher's goal, I was overall disappointed with Cisse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Goalies always look small. Given is like 6'2 or something huge, but cause he is under the posts the whole time, they always look small, and you always compare them to goalieslike VDS or something who are scarily huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I liked what Ive seen of Reina. Granted he didnt have much to do last night, but what he did he did calmly and effectively.

A couple of times he had to come out off his line to intercept a through ball to an attacker, now usually if Dudek is coming out like that I ready the defribulators, where as with Reina he put the ball calmly into touch. He didnt swing wildly or put it into Row Z, he just made sure the ball went over the line. This is something we havnt had for a while. His distribution was quick and good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Had to laugh at the Sky commentator saying he's 6'5". He looks only about 6 foot.

Well, we have a few sources here:
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

guess theres only one way to find out the truth - ask his mother!

Advertisement