Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Meteor Tariffs

Options
  • 26-07-2005 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Has any one else seen the new Meteor Tariffs? They have them on their website. Seem pretty good. What does everyone think?
    Lots of minutes there anyway...!

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/talk.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

They seem to have changed a bit to include text messages in their bundles ... Pre-empative move against 3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Think it's cos they used to give free Meteor - Meteor texts on bill pay which they gave up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

good lordy jesus.. talk & text 75 ist kaput? I'm horrified. Now who the hell will I port to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

Am I missing something?

Why would you sign up to Meteor Talk 60. 60 mins talk time plus 30 "free" texts for €20 a month.

On their Anytime Plus pre-pay package you get 60 minutes for €12 (20c per minute) and 30 texts for €2.70 (9c each). Total cost €14.70 and no commitment.

Once you exceed 60 minutes talk time or 30 texts on either plan the rates are the same - i.e. it is always at least €5.30 per month cheaper to be on PAYG Anytime Plus than Meteor Talk 60.

Think I'll mail them, see if I win a prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭waldo

Yeah I'm also moving to Meteor as well soon from a vodafone contract, but its cheaper to go pre-pay, which is crazy. I'd prefer to be on a contract, but not if it is more expensive!

On another matter, vodafone are charging me a months line rental when I port my number, so when I leave, I must pay a months line rental for nothing. This is even though I'm out of contract. Bastards. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

The pay as you go offers are good too, but if I start using them I have to give up my free meteor-meteor texts and also give up getting free credit every month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭thatkindofgirl

Genghis wrote:
    Am I missing something?

yes.

€20 is a monthly commitment (ie you commit to spending €20/month) and with that commitment, you get free minutes/texts etc.

It's not a line rental like the other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

It will take a verry good offer before I will switch tariff & give up my free meteor-meteor texts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

yes.

€20 is a monthly commitment (ie you commit to spending €20/month) and with that commitment, you get free minutes/texts etc.

Is there any difference other than the wording???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

yes.

Umm, whether the 20 quid is for line rental or a commitment that that's what you'll spend on calls makes no difference.

From what he said, the prepaid option still looks just as good, but has the added advantage of being prepaid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

yes.

I didn't miss that at all. My point, in fact, is that you are apparently charged for commitment with Meteor, not rewarded for it (as is the convention).

I can spend €20 in 'commitment' and get the same amount of talk time and texts that would cost me €14.70 with 'no commitment'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Meteor Minutes will not go until Meteors 2G licence ends. They have an obligation with comreg to offer these packages under the terms of their licence.

Meteor Minutes are still on their website here: http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/minutes.html . The 3G store in Henry street is still offering the package and Meteor stores have to still offer the minutes packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

So do Vodafone have an obligation to still let people connect to Performer or Light or any of those ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They have an obligation with comreg to offer these packages under the terms of their licence.

I don't think they are obliged to offer them to new customers, just people who have signed up previously.

Advertisement