Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strobe Light

Options
  • 26-07-2005 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

hi all i dont think i ve ever posted on this thread before but anyway..i recently bought a mini strobe ligght about the size of two packets of cigarettes lay down beside each other... its small but it fills a small room... perfect for small gigs that my band do but the only way to turn it on and off is by plugging it in and out which is very hard to do during playing especially when a fast part of a song is coming up... there is also i speed knob on the back which you have to be near to turn up and down which is also virtually impossible so anyway i need to fix both those things and i ask for the help of all those out there who might be able to :-) anyway here is a dodgy diagram of the strobe light as it is... sorry about not using proper symbols and stuff but i dont know them.. anyway:
    diagram.jpg

ok so you can see the strobe light so i was thinking.. put a footswitch along the mains line that is stompable like a guitar effect pedal... that seems easy enough to do i just have to find a switchwhich im finding hard to do...

anyway for the speed knob i was thinking of lengthening the three mwires going to the knob and join them up to a wah wah like pedal for guitar that i could move up and down hence turning the knob and hence making the knob turn... this is a diagram of what i think it might look like:
    diagram2.jpg

so anyway those are just my ideas but if anyone else has any better ideas by all means tell me.. and also help finding a footswitch for the mains would be greatly appreciated too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Try this www.maplin.co.uk and search remote socket?
    Fast and easy perhaps

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

went there and i cant really find what im looking for any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Apologies i didnt read your post as thoroughly as was required.
    The speed switch hmmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

indeed hmm hehe em i think just buying a cheap volume pedal from musicstore.de and hooking it up sould be fine its the switch that im in a kerfuffle about

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

might not be a good idea - because it's got LIVE MAINS voltage in the unit.
    perhaps a mechanical linkage - like an arm on the "speed knob" connected to those things they use for camera triggers connected to the foot plate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement