Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower too hot

Options
  • 26-07-2005 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭

Have a Galaxy 7000S electric shower in the ensuite but I cannot get it cool enough to shower. When you turn the knob to make it colder the power light turns off and the water goes completely cold.

Never got a manual with it as it was part of the new house. Looked online and can't find one either.

Pressure seems fine so could it be a thermostat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

Geez - there's a lot of scalded folks out there :eek: :eek: Shabby's problem Sounds (feels) like a thermostat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I've been following that thread as well but that sounds like a mixer shower which is supplied by hot and cold water. An electric shower is only supplied by cold water.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Unscrew the showerhose where it emerges from the unit.
    look inside the screw fitting there should be a small washer inside with a hole about 5mm in diameter remove this and replace the fitting .
    Keep it as you will need to replace it as the water temp drops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

You have my sympathy ;)

my situation was different - separate pumps for hot & cold with a separate cold feed for the shower (separate to the rest of the hosue).

I'd guess that your problem might be a thermostat but seeing as you've read my thread I think you'll take that advice with a mountain of salt...

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

You might also check if the nozzles in the shower head are blocked with limescale or gunge. We had a problem once with a Triton and this was the reason for it. Good luck. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

hansov wrote:
    You might also check if the nozzles in the shower head are blocked with limescale or gunge. We had a problem once with a Triton and this was the reason for it. Good luck. :)

Same problem at home with mine, turned out to be this, check the nozzle clear it and remove the hose from the unit and clear the also.

Advertisement