Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Britton Insurance?

Options
  • 26-07-2005 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Got a Quote today for 850 Euro for Insurance I am 20, Which i find good i pay 1100 With Hib at the moment, Anyone have any experience with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I use them. Customer service leaves something to be desired but the quote was the best I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Do they cover driving other cars and windscreen cover etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Do they cover driving other cars
    Yes so long as you've got a full licence...sweet

Yeah Cause i was informed yesterday that i was only covered in driving other cars with hib if the car is 1.6l or under Cause of the ignition course yet i was told it was any litre car last year..........Thats the job so 850 Euro How bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Yea I got a quote off Brittion for €2750 based on M/18/Prov with no NCB on a 1L its cheap in todays market the closest was Quinn Direct €3200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gave me a good quote of €1500 comp on a 1.2 (I've no NCB :()
    Which I'll probably go with, give me a years or two's NCB then see what the other insurers think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

powerhousedan could you please tell me more details on that quote as thats very cheap i think.please pm me if you donot wish to disclose details on the thread.i did ask them before but they were more expensive but i will check them out again
    thanks

I am 20 Have Full lisen for almost 3 Years 1 Yrs Ncb with Hib and Almost 2 Years UNder the Father, Quote for a 1.2 Polo,

The Full lis for almost 3 Year is why my quote is cheap aswell at 1year under my own name, which is only costing just over 1k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeah Cause i was informed yesterday that i was only covered in driving other cars with hib if the car is 1.6l or under Cause of the ignition course yet i was told it was any litre car last year..........Thats the job so 850 Euro How bad...
    I think you are wrong there, at least I hope you are because I am insured with Hibernian & regularly drive cars >1.6ltr.
    I did ring Hibernian when I first got my policy to make sure cause I could barely believe my luck at 20 being allowed to drive fast cars (TPF&T)
    Anyway, maybe they have changed their policy since then, worth givin them a call to make sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

What are the contact details for them?

www.brittoninsurance.com s_gr

Dan, is that quote TPF&T or Comp? (And I also see you live in Cork, makes a big difference :))

Yup Cork i am, With Regards to the 1.6< i rang to make sure i was insured to drive a friends car she said is it 1.6 or under and i said why and she said cause you did the ignition you are only covered 1.6 and under i was told different when i paid.

Decided I'd go with Hibernian/Tesco despite a few hundred euro difference. 3 different prices within 48 hours, and a complete lie made me think that it's not worth going with Britton. I'd prefer not to make "allegations" publicly, but PM me and I can telll you why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

There quoting me E1000 more than my cheapest quote. They dont even have my exact model of car. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Any quotes I've gotten through Brittons recently have been through XS Direct - in other words your policy excess is 4 grand rather that the normal €250 or so...

Would check this out before I splash the cash...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

3 different prices within 48 hours

Have to agree here, they don't seem very on the ball. Certainly as far as insuring 'performance cars' I don't think they are any good at all, and every quote I had was more expensive than others...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I have got my insurance via Britton for the last 4 years. They are actual Brokers. They get you insured with other companies not themselves. They will beat most quotes. I was with Coyle Hamilton last year and this year I am with St. Pauls. Both via Britton Insurance. I found their Customer Service very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭SixShot

I Take it you all have a full Driveing Lnc because if you are 20 & got €850 quote with a provid one thats farfecthed Quinn have been the cheapest for younger drivers

Advertisement