Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky one ad mistake

Options
  • 26-07-2005 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Deep Space 9 just camem up instead of enterprise at the first break :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Aye wonder how they made such a stupid mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

was it just me or was that the ncc-1701 d in the preview of next weeks episode? and if so was that on purpose or another sky mistake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DanteX

(spoiler) No need to worry people dante's here, (/spoiler)

firstly yeah sky one did **** up with the titles
    but no **** up with the Ent-D

it does feature ALOT in the final episode of Enterprise

i won't ruin it for you but tis a right funny old ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

it's a good ending but a crap finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

seen it. they did it a few times, if not on all of the ad breaks yesterday. mufties they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The E-D looks amazeing in cgi

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

bizmark wrote:
    Remember the 'debacle' kid from the original Trekkies documentary, and it's sequal, Trekkies 2? Well I read that that's his model in the finalé. They called him up to see if he'd like to help out on the finalé and he jumped at the chance, he's a graphic designer by profession now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Arghhh... they messed up again.

I set my Sky+ box to record it and it only got as far as the last ad break despite being a 64 minute recording... exactly how many ads did they stick in this last night.

Sky really are screwing Enterprise over.... the sound was completely rubbish on it a few weeks ago too, even on the repeat.

It's no great loss though... I was really enjoying this season... but I found the quality dropped dramatically for the last 5 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Arghhh... they messed up again.

I set my Sky+ box to record it and it only got as far as the last ad break despite being a 64 minute recording... exactly how many ads did they stick in this last night.

Sky really are screwing Enterprise over.... the sound was completely rubbish on it a few weeks ago too, even on the repeat.

It's no great loss though... I was really enjoying this season... but I found the quality dropped dramatically for the last 5 episodes.
    Last five episodes? that includes the Mirror Universe eps right? Dude.. they were probably the best Enterprise eps i've seen, and this from a guy who, on the whole, hates the entire series.

Achilles wrote:
    Last five episodes? that includes the Mirror Universe eps right? Dude.. they were probably the best Enterprise eps i've seen, and this from a guy who, on the whole, hates the entire series.
    Well, on the whole, I enjoyed the entire series of Enterprise... actually I didn't see too much of the first season though.

The mirror universe episodes just seemed completely pointless to me. They didn't actually feature any of the regular characters and didn't progress the storyline of the series in anyway. I particularly felt the plot in part 2 was all over the place.

And the other 2 parter with Peter Weller wasn't great either. It was a nice enough idea and should have worked well... but I didn't think too much of them giving so much time over to Travis, who as far as I can tell has never had a proper storyline in the entire series, so I'm really not that interested in him and then they give him a boring storyline about an ex-girlfriend.

And last nights episode would have made a nice gimmicky mid-season episode. But as the final episode of the entire series? It just seems disrepectful to fill it up with scenes with Troi and Riker. Although I'll try and reserve judgement until I've seen the entire episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

And last nights episode would have made a nice gimmicky mid-season episode. But as the final episode of the entire series? It just seems disrepectful to fill it up with scenes with Troi and Riker. Although I'll try and reserve judgement until I've seen the entire episode.

I'm afraid you probably won't think it's any better, but there's something to make you smile in the last 40 seconds.

This episode made me very angry when I saw it in May, and I'm not much happier about it even now. Very poor end to the series and even as a gimmicky-episode, I think it would have jarred badly. The sudden jump to six years after "Demons" only to find little on Enterprise has changed, no crew promotions, no great sign anything interesting happened - particularly among characters (Trip/T'Pol's relationship)... It really looked as though absolutely nothing of note happened, so it's just as well we didn't have seasons' worth of events to have to sit through to get to this point!

And as for (spoilered in case anyone hasn't seen it yet)
    killing off Trip, that has to be the most non-sensical death since Tasha Yar (and at least she got a decent send-off later.) It's not like there was even a thing in there to relate to Riker's dilemma. As for his "I'm ready to talk to Captain Picard now...", that's not what happens in the TNG episode "The Pegasus" itself. He doesn't tell Picard until the very last minute of the crisis within the asteroid...

Rick Berman can't understand why fans took to the episode so badly,(http://www.trektoday.com/news/250705_01.shtml) and I can't understand why he doesn't realise how annoyed most people were. If Trek ever returns, I very much hope it isn't Berman in charge. True, he gave us some fine Trek series, but most of the decent writing came from elsewhere, and at this point it needs new writers with a fresh take on the Star Trek universe.

And don't even get me started on failing to resolve who the Mysterious Future Guy was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

bizmark wrote:

yeah it did at that, nice touch with the pieces of the meteors floating past Trois windows (or portholes, wotever)

Yeah that is fairly annoying about not resolving the whole future war thing, although that seemed to fizzle out with that nazi episode after the Xindi war...

yeah it did at that, nice touch with the pieces of the meteors floating past Trois windows (or portholes, wotever)

Yeah that is fairly annoying about not resolving the whole future war thing, although that seemed to fizzle out with that nazi episode after the Xindi war...
    Yeah.. and hadn't the bad guy in the Nazi episode already met Archer at some stage in the future. And nothing ever became of that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

True. Daniels said, "The timeline is resetting itself..." and Archer demanded that he no longer be involved in Temporal Cold War shenanigans. But I reckon the least B&B could have done was reveal that particular element. Manny Coto stayed well clear of it (beyond resolving the cliffhanger) because that plot issue was something B&B had worked on and developed. So for B&B to write a finale that barely addressed any key plot material from the previous four years, instead focusing on some ridiculous story about Shran and his daughter, beggars believe.

At the very least, we deserved to know who the Future Guy was. (I'd kind of always thought he was Romulan, this tying in with the Vulcan arc early in the season, where we knew they were up to something reunification-wise from a very early point in Star Trek history.)

No use crying over it now, I suppose. It's never going to be fixed/revealed. If only Future Guy could have gone back and made Enterprise a better show, it wouldn't have been axed.

Advertisement