Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh yes, fantastic band. Wish I had more of their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

i've only got Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven, tis great, i want to buy Yanqui U.X.O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

yes they are quite great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Wow, I love the sample MP3 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Have a load of their stuff. I particularly love Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I haven't heard any of their recordings but I saw them at Hurricane last month and was duly impressed - they're like an american version of Mogwai.

My sister's a huge fan though - so maybe I should quitely steal her CDs when she's not looking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Canadian ;) And I would wholeheartedly endorse the theft of your sister's CDs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Really? Don't ask my why, but I was the under the impression that they were from the South East US. Wikipedia disagrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

progarchives.com says they're from canada

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Quite possibly one of the best bands I ever had the misfortune of missing live. I hope they release a new album soon and come back to us.

On a related note, the spin off band A Silver Mount Zion are worth checking out. Like a smaller version of Godspeed with vocals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Yeah, great stuff. Lift Your Skinny Fists... is fantastic, its the only record I have by them at the moment. I had Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada but lost it ages ago, that's especially good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

yeah, they rock, they played in galway a few years back.
    Also if you like this, you should check out 'explosions in the sky'
    excellent band altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

'Lift Yr. Skinny Fists...' was the first album that MP3 sharing encouraged me to buy. Can still put that album on and listen to it the whole way through and I still get tingles down the spine every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

PiE wrote:
    Can still put that album on and listen to it the whole way through

I can't. I bought it on vinyl a few years ago and despite my care and love for it there is a mystery invisible scratch in the middle of side 3 that ****s me right off. :(

Advertisement