Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help?

Options
  • 26-07-2005 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I'm trying to get myself a grant for next year but I've received a letter telling me that I need to show my results and show that I passed to avail of the grant. One problem though - how the hell do I do that?

This joke of a college has not given me any letter or anything stating my results. I only have what is on Stuweb which said I passed all three subjects but on Stuweb it also says it 'should not be used as an Official Statement of Results'.

What am I to do? Do I print off what is on Stuweb? Do I write to UCD? Anybody know what the story is?

Help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

ring the college

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ring the college

Could they give me a statement of my results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

they sure will

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

go talk to the exams office in the admin building and ask them for a transcript of your results - that's your "official statement of results"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I also need exam results to renew my grant. Will UCD be sending out exam results at all this year?

• Advertisement

Syth wrote:
    I also need exam results to renew my grant. Will UCD be sending out exam results at all this year?

OK, I sorted it all out today. What you need to do is ring UCD and they'll put you through to the Exams office. You will then be given an email address by the Exams office where you'll have to send them your details like your name, course, and the address you want the results posted to.

Then you wait while they post them out to you.

In fairness, this is ridiculous. Even my primary and secondary schools had the decency to post out my results. The fact we have to ask for them makes UCD look like a clown college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

They usually post them out about a week or so after they go up on SIS, and this year was no exception for me. Has anyone else had their results posted out to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Ive yet to get a single letter from UCD other than one for not attending my tutorials. No letter about exam dates/place, no letter about results, no letter about repeats, no letter about appeals. I dont know how someone who knows nobody in the college and/or isnt good with computers would manage.

How much money can they really save from being this stingy? It gives a very bad impression..It cant really be worth the pennies it saves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Blut wrote:
    Ive yet to get a single letter from UCD other than one for not attending my tutorials. No letter about exam dates/place, no letter about results, no letter about repeats, no letter about appeals. I dont know how someone who knows nobody in the college and/or isnt good with computers would manage.

How much money can they really save from being this stingy? It gives a very bad impression..It cant really be worth the pennies it saves.

Yeah spot on. I also got that letter bout the tutorials as well... Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I just printed my results of Stuweb and they accepted that no bother. No fuss at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

They arent sending anything out for registration either are they? I dont have a clue what we have to do for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

They've changed their policies.

I fully expected that my exam results would be sent out to me like they were last year. So when they weren't, I got a little worried. So I decided to take my own good self on a trip to UCD's Michael Tierney building (also known as Admin) to see what the sceal was. Well... to make a long story short, the guy at the desk took my details, looked at me like I had fallen from the sky and told me that unless I had done my finals I wouldn't be getting my results in the post. I felt like a complete tit for asking. And then I got annoyed. UCD can afford to send me letters that arrive at my house on the day library books are due back to remind me to bring them back, but they can't afford to send me official documentation of my exam results? Yeah. That makes sense. I get it now!

What they need is to set up a automated text system for the library - which would be a hell of a lot cheaper than sending all those letters. And then they could afford to give us our results on paper. Which, considering I and thousands like me paid €813.50 for the privilege, is not out of order in my eyes.

We can register from the beginning of august on SIS. It's really simple, you click on the link and follow the instructions. If you have decided to do Mode ! anything, they don't have an option for you on the list - if last year is anything to go by. So you'll have to go to admin in September to do that bit.

Blush_01 wrote:
    UCD can afford to send me letters that arrive at my house on the day library books are due back to remind me to bring them back, but they can't afford to send me official documentation of my exam results? Yeah. That makes sense. I get it now!

Well said. I agree with you. How can a college which is regarded as one of the best in the county not have the courtesy to send written confirmation of results?

It's ridiculous.

It's this kind of thing that SU reps should be focusing on. Sorting out the incredible incompetence that persists in this place.

Ooh, how about a board meet-up in the SU corridor? All they did this year was smoke joints in their offices, so lets make them at least SHARE this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Awwhh I love this when everyone moans!

Keep up the good work with the spamming Blush 01!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Registering online doesnt really bother me... it makes it easier than going all the way out to that concrete jungle, it's just the fact that they never told us about it! Just a simple letter... that's all I want! I bet there is plenty of people out there that have no idea that they have to register online and therefore wont, and then wont be registered. Which I assume will be a problem....

And yes Zane, moaning is good. It's my speciality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

And I thought it was only the oul wans like me that moaned!! I agree with all the sentiments, though. In trying to save money by not posting out results and such but spending millions on presidents houses etc. they are making gobsh#ites of themselves.

I got stuff posted to me from a certain office in UCD in an A4 envelope containing a single sheet of paper... this cost three times more than it should have, as folding the sheet and putting it in a small envelope would only have cost 48 cent!! Wood for trees scenario I think...

But wait... there's more! Actually, there isn't, I've just always wanted to say that.

I think that the problem is UCD isn't about students. Not as far as I can see anyway. What did we have for the 150th? A whole load of corporate sponsored dinners and balls. A day off with events that most people didn't even know about. A few society-based events that the administration of the college tried to take credit for. Ok, so Richard Butler and his crew did a great job of making sure it ran smoothly. But there was very little about us, and without us, there wouldn't be a hell of a lot of a college. College - Students = bored academics writing papers for nobody to read.

Zane, spankies muchly. It's weird to think I could know of some of you in real life... probably not... maybe...

OP- talk to a student advisor, Moss or Aisling if you're in Arts, other people if you're not, and get as much information as you can from them.

Advertisement