Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK where do I send a bomb

Options
  • 26-07-2005 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

I've had enough of this crap. Under Irish law a product must be fit for the purpose it is sold for. BF2 isn't fit for the purpose of internet play i.e. loggin in problems, CTD's during online play, 2 patches since release, servers controlling online play being made unavailable after being hacked. This game is not sold as a single player game it is sold as a multiplayer game !

Where do I (and indeed everyone who is having persistant problems with this game) complain offically or should enough of us get together and demand recompense for all the problems. I am not just talking about refund for the game, I'm talking about all the time put in getting the damn thing to work. I know its a leisure activity and PC based which often demands a bit of work but this has gotten ridiculous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

C Fodder wrote:
    I've had enough of this crap. Under Irish law a product must be fit for the purpose it is sold for. BF2 isn't fit for the purpose of internet play i.e. loggin in problems, CTD's during online play, 2 patches since release, servers controlling online play being made unavailable after being hacked. This game is not sold as a single player game it is sold as a multiplayer game !

Where do I (and indeed everyone who is having persistant problems with this game) complain offically or should enough of us get together and demand recompense for all the problems. I am not just talking about refund for the game, I'm talking about all the time put in getting the damn thing to work. I know its a leisure activity and PC based which often demands a bit of work but this has gotten ridiculous.

Sadly EA copped on to this kind of fiasco when they released BF42 , with the little added piece on the box "gameplay may change online etc: " but its not on the BF2 case :confused: you could bring it back to any shop and exchange it or stuff down any EA employees throat you may know.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

BF Games are ment to be online games as i think most games are with broadband any way does it not get boring playing the machine? i find it repetitive where as you are challanging real people that think abou there moves and not a over and over again bot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well complaints like this are one of the reasons I havent baught the game yet. Ive played the demo a bit, but all the complaints I hear on the full game makes me me avoid it. I knew when it got first released there was no point getting too into it till it had at least 5 patches released for it. By that stage I figured the game would be playable. Looks like i`ll be proved right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

well i play it fine, and its fun, not one ctd yet. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Yeah there are some small niggly problems but over all you'll find it hard not to warm to it. Play a couple of rounds on Karkland, or Sharqi Peninsula with some people you know and you'll find it fun.

EA are working hard to fix the problems that do manifest themselves in game. Considering what this game does and the new features it has it would be silly not to expect some bugs.

Fairy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'd have to agree with the general feeling here. There are problems with the game (tbh very few multiplayer games come problem free) but not to the extent that I can't enjoy it.

Infact to complain about patches is very silly indeed as patches are what EA are trying to do to fix the problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

its gotten a bit better for me lately, but there are still major problems. that bloody "There is a problem with your connection" crap.....

but i still have great fun, and i'm quite enjoying my sniping now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

The game should not have been released until it actually worked. Battlefield 2 has been the most laughable attempt at a PC game I have ever seen. It really felt like EA just didnt give a sh!t and just releaed it before it was tested for bugs. I have one question. How in Gods name did they not see the bugs that affected us all when it was released?? They were fairly major in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Just to point out, in the midst of all the EA bashing goin on, Dice are the people who made the game, y'know....EA only stuck it in a box and sold it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Deadwing wrote:
    Just to point out, in the midst of all the EA bashing goin on, Dice are the people who made the game, y'know....EA only stuck it in a box and sold it :p

This guy has is working for EA, quick get him boys :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

My covers blown! Quick, activate sh!tty patch defense!
    /me disappears in cloud of smoke
    muhahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

ahhhh ze goggles, zey do nothing!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Deadwing wrote:
    My covers blown! Quick, activate sh!tty patch defense!
    /me disappears in cloud of smoke
    muhahaha!

come on you don't have to activate sh!tty defense patch., just give it a few minutes it'll and disconnect you automatically! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i have yet to have 1 problem with the game

Advertisement