Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boom in Subscriptions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I paid my subscription dues because I just felt guilty. Boards was giving me too much for nothing - daily entertainment, a party every few months, a sense of community, the ability to attack people with impunity, access to a blog, access to the sexuality forum... I felt I needed to give something back in return. So I paid my year's subscription and put "plink plink fizzz" under my username.

...the most expensive hangover cure ever. :D
    I was pretty much the same, reckoned that since I got so much value out of the boards that I should be contributing to them.

Is anything being done about the underage subscribers issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

DeVore wrote:
    I sure as hell wouldnt want anyone less then 18 reading the sex forum.... :eek:

is that a sarcastic smiley? Because there are subscribers that are younger than 18 y'know...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

what are you talking about?

/me looks around shiftely

/me points at SM666

he's under even 17 ban him!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sleepy wrote:
    I was pretty much the same, reckoned that since I got so much value out of the boards that I should be contributing to them.

Is anything being done about the underage subscribers issue?
    You can't own a credit card unless you're 17/18, right?

Therefore, the cc holder will be old enough to use sub forums. I presume that's the problem solved legally anyhow, though I've really pulled this out of the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

CuLT wrote:
    You can't own a credit card unless you're 17/18, right?

Therefore, the cc holder will be old enough to use sub forums. I presume that's the problem solved legally anyhow, though I've really pulled this out of the air.

ah...but not everone subscribed is a credit card holder. Some people might be subscribed via their parents cards and the like. Does that mean the credit card holder is responsible for the viewing material of the person signed up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Parents responsible for their kids?

Naaah, it'd never work.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

RuggieBear wrote:
    ah...but not everone subscribed is a credit card holder. Some people might be subscribed via their parents cards and the like. Does that mean the credit card holder is responsible for the viewing material of the person signed up?
    It's certainly where this becomes an issue alright. I think having underaged people in the S&S forum is also likely to detract from the forum. Not necessarily because I think all under 18's are incapable of discussing sex without tittering (a few of the over 18's fall in this category anyway) but personally I'm less likely to contribute in an open fashion where there are potentially underage readers of my posts and I doubt I'm alone in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

what are you talking about?

/me points at SM666

he's under even 17 ban him!

Ah - **** - I had forgotten about you! Still, you're big enough to beat up Devore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

DeVore wrote:
    We're going to create a few more forums that we have been threatening for a long time (including Mordeths Legal Highs forum) as we feel we've taken enough measures to protect minors from such things.
    DeV.

this is great to hear any expected date on this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Sleepy wrote:
    personally I'm less likely to contribute in an open fashion where there are potentially underage readers of my posts and I doubt I'm alone in that.
    It's not a particularly secure forum. Really, I wouldn't post anything there that I wouldn't be prepared to have seen in public - it may not be an appropriate thing to publish in public, but I'd still stand by it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement