Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confident of Celtic's Summer Signings?

• 27-07-2005 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

What do you think of Strachan's Summer Signings?

Getting Nakamura & Zurawski has me full of confidence for a successful season plus the loaned players Aliadière & Boruc could prove themselves at the club.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

you forgot to mention paul telfer ? like what the **** is that about ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Looking good, a lot of goals now in the team and very importantly pace in midfield and attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

The most important thing is that they have increased the size of the squad. Over the last number of years when they've had injuries and suspensions they've haven't had adequate cover. Quite ofter players were played out of position to cover other missing players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Sarge wrote:
    you forgot to mention paul telfer ? like what the **** is that about ?
    Well Agathe, Adam Virgo and reserve right back Irvine are all injured. A right back was needed and Telfer will do for the time being.

----Zurawski--Sutton

Nakamura
    Thompson--Lennon--Petrov

^^ I'd live to see that front line. :)

Really looking forward to the match tonight.

An organisor to partner Balde is desperately needed though. The one thing I was happy to come out of the pre-season friendlies is that Strachan surely knows Balde and Varga are crap together. He said Nakamura will be his last signing this summer though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

hmm point taking eirebhoy

just still so disappointed with McNamara gone and the thoughts of telfer replacing him to me is still a joke

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Nakamura is an excellent signing he is a top class player and I was very surprised he moved to a Celtic.

I have my doubts with Zurawski. He hasnt really done much to make me feel excited about him. Only time will tell I guess but I wont be getting my hopes up just yet. He might do ok in the league but not so sure about Europe where Celtic really need to start performing.

Telfer is a good signing imo. He is a very good squad player and a reliable player. He has a great engine and Strachan knows all about him. He wouldnt have signed him if he felt he wasnt up to the task

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

Artmedia Bratislava v Celtic is on Setanta Sports tonight, with coverage starting at 7pm for anyone who is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Kingp35 wrote:
    I have my doubts with Zurawski...He might do ok in the league but not so sure about Europe where Celtic really need to start performing.
    He scored in 6 of the 9 games he player for Poland last season and is their best player. He has scored in his games against Inter, Lazio x 2, Shalke, Real Madrid and Parma. Against Leicester he didn't do much but showed when he came on against Sporting how good he can be.

Advertisement