Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fahey and Doyle gone to Drogheda???

• 27-07-2005 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

For 40k :eek:

Seriously pissed off selling our best player and our hardest working.

Well thats pissed me off , Steaua Better win 17-0 tonight :(

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

eh both them players are cup tied i take it ?

just looking out for my own interests :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Drogs money is going to run out fairly soon, and if they dont get at least inter toto this season, they are screwed. Doolin is on a long term contract, and cant be sacked, so they are going nowhere.

Sure they have signed 2 handy new players, but they will have to adjust into a new team/new surroundings etc. This is bad news for SPA though. That said, €40k is decent money, and Doyle is probably over rated anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This is Robbie Doyle?

Jesus, that's some signing for Drogs, a goalscorer.

Fahey is a good player too, I think these are two good signings fro Drogs, but what now for Pats? Dragged even deeper into the relegation dogfight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Drogheda ae going to be in serious financial trouble, there is no way they can afford the money they are currently paying to their players another 2 pro deals will kill them if they don't get into Europe. That's the problem with this summer soccer lark; any apprent improvement is mostly down to an unsustainable (in the long run) professional policy from most clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Looks like Drogheda are the Irish version of Leeds , they better hope they make Europe or else.............

• Advertisement

Looks like Shels are the Irish version of Leeds , they better hope they make Europe or else.............

I think you meant.

^^ Same could be argued of City/Bohs or any ambitious team inthe eL. The only difference between the rest and Drogs, is that Drogs were on the verge of going bust 2 years ago, when an 11th hour package saved them.

Drogs are just cash heavy at the moment, as they have sold United Park for a considerable sum for Residential purposes (another jackeen suburb), and their new ground which they are building is costing them significantly less, hence the surplus. Once that runs out, Dundalk will be Louths top team again (though hopefully in the 1st division!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

gimmick wrote:
    Once that runs out, Dundalk will be Louths top team again (though hopefully in the 1st division!).

Listen Dundalk fc will be louths top team within 2 years if all goes to plan at the club there finally building a ground for the club to run on ...

Division 1 football we will be out of that division within 2 years if not this year a lot will tell in the game tonight in monaghan not against monaghan :)

Be that as it may, but Im not going down the line of "a strong Dundalk team is essetial for the league" and other such tired, lazy and hacknied clichés.

Its amazed me, but not really upset me to see Dundalks demise in recent years. Admittedly most of this is lingering bitterness and resentment for that moment in 1992, talk you very much Tom McNulty, but I have never had any reason to like Dundalk. Every time I have encountered or dare I say 'observed' them, they are scum.

I have seen them down in St Colmans Park mostly for the last few years, and have never heard any encouragement from the fans, just abuse to both teams. Now, I know these are the same bunch of guys in their 50s, but these guys probably breed the filth in Oriel as well. They are racist, abusive, loud mouth bigots and I feel sorry for their wives and children.

That jibe above aside, I would prefer for Dundalk to be in the Premier Division than Drogs. At least Dundalk have a history, and good support numbers wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Still dont know if they gone or not :confused:

Fahey is our best player and worth far more than 20 K, Doyle isnt a great striker but works his ass off and never gives so obviously liked as that covers his lack of goals somewhat.

Rumours are Fabio coming to Pats as part of deal for Fahey and Doyle + cash going to Bray for Zayed.

But rumours being the correct word, would like to get one of those strikers and keep fahey i mean who the **** ewlse gonna be able to pass the ball to them......

Johnny mac done ok in transfers so far anyway.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

gimmick wrote:
    talk you very much Tom McNulty, but I have never had any reason to like Dundalk.

Tom Mc Nulty won 2 league titles for St Pats by scoring vs Shels on last days i would like to thank him for everything he has done for the league...irc he also scored vs someone else in last day to stop them winning league.

kdjac

^ Yes, against City at Turners CRoss, last day of the season, to win the league for Dundalk at our expense :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

40k for both!? That is outrageous, Fahey on his own is worth more than that. Pats will be finished without those two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

an absolutly crazy deal Fats may go missing now and again but when he is on form he is one of the top midfeilders in the leauge without him we severly lack crativity.
    I never liked doyle before he came to pats but he does do what no other pats striker has done for the past few years score the odd goal.
    I will expect with the money from this and the patron sceme some major signings before the transfer deadline or I will be extremly pissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I will expect with the money from this and the patron sceme some major signings before the transfer deadline or I will be extremly pissed.
    If Fahey and Doyle are sold I'd say Eamon Zayed is certain to come in. Is there any reason why Pats are selling though?

I'd swap Doyle and Fahey for Zayed if that is true tbh. Good as they are, Zayed is top scorer playing for Bray and is exactly what Pats lack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Fahey gone
    reilly in
    Doyle staying
    no sign of zayed

altough doyle is staying we could still use a striker before the deadline is up

You definitely could. A good striker with Doyle would be an excellent strike force, before things turned sour I thought him and Crowe were outstanding together at Bohs. If you could get Zayed they would work very well together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Zayed would be a great addition and Doyle is a good player to link up with so I could only imagine him scoring even more if he moved to Pats .

For Brays sake though I hope he stays .

Exactly, if he leaves Bray I can see their season collapsing, they have had a great season up til now, I think they will stay up as the teams around them are getting weaker by the day.

I see Paddy McCourt has left Rovers for Derry on a free, that is a genius signing by Kenny, and I wonder what other clubs were in for McCourt. This is a big blow to Shels hopes of finishing in the top two.

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    I see Paddy McCourt has left Rovers for Derry on a free, that is a genius signing by Kenny, and I wonder what other clubs were in for McCourt. This is a big blow to Shels hopes of finishing in the top two.

A massive, massive blow.

McCourt supplying for Farren, the on form striker in the league this season, is a frightening prospect.

Outraged we didn't even make a move for him and instead bought people like Alan bloody Reynolds.

Advertisement