Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

79Cortinaz support Hugh Cornwell (stranglers) in Carlow

• 27-07-2005 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

oh yes they are - even though you've never heard of 79Cortinaz (considering they havent played in carlow for ages even though they live there)

Hugh Cornwell was frontman for the Stranglers (No More Heros, GOlden Brown) and plays the Music Factory on Friday August 5th with support from 79Cortinaz

If youve never heard of the Stranglers then Im afraid theres not much that can be done to help ye ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Where the hell is the music factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭dream brother

where the edge is, i think...dont quote me on that though...

What is the story with that place and the constant name changing?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

constant?

what else was it called?

prob something on the lines of -
    it sucks no one goes there ooh lets change the name that will work

The edge, saints and sinners, devereaux etc.
    I think the sloppy joe's bit downstairs has changed its name again too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

Moonbeam wrote:
    prob something on the lines of -
    it sucks no one goes there ooh lets change the name that will work

lies! it never sucked! saint and sinners was my fav pub for ages last year...until i discovered the med bar, then the refurbished dinn ri...mmm, comfy :)

anyway afaik they're planning alot more live bands (decent ones to) for this year and im really looking forward to it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I was there when it opened first,it was th eofficial students union venue and still managed to be alot more empty then the foundry.

was the edge and deverauxs jsut not the names for differnt parks liek the foundry,brookes and dinn ri?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Stephen wrote:
    What is the story with that place and the constant name changing?

New owners!

It was "the edge" then "halo" and now "the music factory", its actually pretty good lately, its all done up and they have dancers in there every night, its more like a strip club :D they even have a big double bed set up on stage for the dancers :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Moonbeam wrote:
    I was there when it opened first,it was th eofficial students union venue and still managed to be alot more empty then the foundry.

was the edge and deverauxs jsut not the names for differnt parks liek the foundry,brookes and dinn ri?

yep

deverauxs was the pub next door and joyces was the pub 2 doors down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

groovy! i wont be down on the 5th but ill be down on the 13th. ill have to check out the place.there might actually be a decent selection of pubs to go to next year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭tomMK1

gigs cancelled anyway. the festival tomorrow has been cancelled so yer man isnt coming over for one gig. He'll be there sometime over christmas though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is the place still populated by boy-racers, and wannabe-boy-racers, etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭tomMK1

i havent actually been in there since it was saints and sinners so I couldnt tell ye

so any gigs for the upcoming year?

i saw soft cuddly toys in whelans there on sat night. not bad. i'd go except its a saturday and il lbe in dublin.

Advertisement