Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Fight You ever Seen

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Dempsey V Willard was simply a one sided beating of a very brave man .
    Entertaining to watch but surely you would think a competitive fight would be the best fight ever .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

A one sided fight he wasn't suppose to win or come close to. I suppose its the most brutal fight I saw.

The Rumble i regard as brilliant also Ali v Frazier.

Recently, Del La Hoya v Mosley. The two of them just standing toe to toe and slugging each other had me out of my seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MikeTyson

The thrilla in manilla! tyson v holyfield. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

BrianD3 wrote: »
    I couldn't call it the best fight but the most brutal and memorable (maybe for the wrong reasons) fight I ever saw was Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClellan in 1995. I remember watching it and actually fearing for Benn's life in the early rounds such was the ferocity of McClellan early on. Benn somehow kept going and for several rounds the fight was the most brutal, exciting battle I've ever seen. Then in IIRC the 10th round McClellan suddenly got into trouble and dropped to his knees. Quickly it became apparent that it was an extremely serious situation. McClellan was treated at ringside and rushed to hospital, quick medical action saved his life but sadly he was left permanently disabled and blind. The fight was a reminder of the dangers of boxing and the bravery of the warriors that step into the ring.

The hype beforehand too
    What McClennan was going to do to Benn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

The best fight I ever saw was Duran vs Leonard #1. Just two elites at the top of their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Jesus this thread came back from the dead! 13 years old.

The best fight I saw live was Barrera v Morales III, although not the best of the trilogy it was still a cracking scrap. Followed by Hamed v Medina in the Point Depot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

I enjoy when these posts come up as it gets me thinking of lots of fights I haven't thought of in years. Interestingly my idea of the best fight I have ever seen would probably change fairly often, there's been so many & it depends on what one enjoys.

Many of the best have been mentioned already. Hagler-Hearns was just class.
    Corrales-Castillo always comes to mind.
    Tapia-Ayala was a great dust up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Toney v Jirov was a right tear up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Benn/McClellan was unforgettable. The documentary on YouTube is a very tough but worthwhile watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Any modern day ones to throw in there?

Loved Khan v Maidana myself, brilliant drama, Klitschko v Joshua was great as well. The Pacman v Marquez fights, Vazquez v Marquez (3 fights).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Boooourns wrote: »
    Any modern day ones to throw in there?

Bradley - Provodnikov

What a fight. Will never forget Provodnikov calling for his Mother at the end of the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Corrales vs Castillo

Morales vs Barrera 1

Marquez vs Pacman 4

Bradley vs Provodnikov

Macklin vs Moore

Those are the top 5 i have seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Aside from the obvious candidates, already mentioned

Eubank v Watson -

Mainly due it being the first boxing match I ever watched, and because of how it unfolded.
    Benn V Eubank 1
    Eubank v Thompson
    Haye v Mormeck
    Brezeale v Ugnogh
    Paschal v Froch

Advertisement