Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with Image

Options
  • 27-07-2005 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys
    could someone help me out, Im trying to do a small bit of work on an image. Its simply an image of two hands. I've been trying to use paint shop pro, but with little success.

I'd like the image to be in B & W, with a lighting emphisis to be on the fingers of the hands...

Could someone please help me out?

Thanks
    Martin

The image is located here: http://frink.nuigalway.ie/~king/hands.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dub1dude

Do you want to leave the hands in colour or do you want the whole image in b/w. I can do it for you. But I use photoshop not paintshop pro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

I think I'd put the whole thing in black and white, but when i did it myself using thresholding in PSP, I was almost losing the hands in the darkness,

Thanks for the help, by the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Is that ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dub1dude

The Threshold command converts grayscale or color images to high-contrast, black-and-white images. You can specify a certain level as a threshold. All pixels lighter than the threshold are converted to white; all pixels darker are converted to black. The Threshold command is useful for determining the lightest and darkest areas of an image.

The best thing to do with that is to and this photoshop not paintshop pro:

1) Convert the image to b/w (see help files)

2) Then I would add a layer filter of brightness and contrast.

3) This should give you a layer mask to work with. With the layer mask selected you can mask out parts of the image that you want brighter or duller.

4) Save a layered file (in case you need to make changes later)

5) Flatten image and save as format you need.

Here's an example. See how I've increased the brightness on the right side of the picture so the rays of light extend right out to the edges but the rest of the image remains relatively untouched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Thanks for the help everyone, its much appreciated!

Going to try my hand at using photoshop, but what ye've done already is almost perfect for what I wanted for!

Cheers,
    Martin

• Advertisement
Advertisement