Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For sale suggestion

Options
  • 27-07-2005 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Just a suggestion sorry if this has been posted before..

Thing is a lot of banning in the for sale section happens cause the users dont read the charter..

My suggestion is if a new user click on the for sale section or any of the forums is that they get brought to the charter thread straight away first.

Also maybe a dialog box Telling them that they need to read it. After the first time it will not kick in anymore as it would get annoying.

It would stop the noobie mistakes for first time users and save maybe a bit of hassle for the mods.

anyways just a suggestion.

M
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think this was suggested before, but it is a good idea.

I think the only problem then is the same as when you install new software. No matter how much they try to get you to read it, you'll just tick the box and hit next. Though ultimately that means no-one can use the "I didn't see the charter" excuse if they're banned from FS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I think (can a mod/admin back this up) that the FS forums and charter are under review at the moment.
    It is a good idea, but I think it may be better if a time-delay/postcount limit could be used before someone can posta new-thread on one of these forums.
    That plus a buyer/seller feedback mod for vb3 would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

WizZard wrote:
    That plus a buyer/seller feedback mod for vb3 would be nice.

What is the current state of affairs with modding? Do slosh/blade or lemming actively mod the forums?

*edit* just looking through the forums looks like lemming gets stuck in.

There have been loads of times where I've had to quote the charter to people for thread spoiling and so forth. Its a great resource though, something boards.ie can be really proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    There have been loads of times where I've had to quote the charter to people for thread spoiling and so forth. Its a great resource though, something boards.ie can be really proud of.
    It's partly self-modded by users, like yourself when quoting the charter. I think Vexorg (and other mods) is happy with this as he mentioned it when creating the new Wanted sub-forums.
    The mods do a sterling job there though, and it is a resource that boards should be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

At the moment it is actually very hard to even find the charter - its no longer stickied at the top of the forums. I think the last time I quoted it I had to do a search. However, if it under review then cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

everyone loves the for sale forum :)
    mods do a great job too.

i think putting the template in the new posts was the best thing,
    as people tended to fill it out rather than just post.

and they tended to leave the warnings about off thread dealing in the post.
    thats how i learned the rules over there,
    i was fairly active before i read the charter.

Advertisement