Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan Road (Ashtown) cycle lane to be broken by new development

Options
  • 27-07-2005 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭

If anyone cycles by the old Phoenix Park racecourse (Castleknock, Dublin 15) you will see the large housing development in progress.

I saw a portion of the plans showing 'slip road' in and out access to the development from the Navan Road. This will break up the cycle lane as we know it. The new edge is indicated by a red line painted across the cycle lane.

I spoke with Owen O'Reilly of Fingal County Council Transportation Department (pm for for email addr and phone number). He was involved with the review of the plans and is involved with the compliance to those plans. He was very disappointed with the original plans and stil isn't very happy with the current ones.
    He said that the slip roads should be opened in the next few weeks. The developers have been told *not* to break the cycle lane until the last minute.

Owen would like users of the cycle lane (which include him and a few others in the Transportation dept) to report problems with the slip road and the cycle facilities. He said that the bike/pedestrian crossings will be raised ramps to encourage drivers to slow down. He welcomes feedback on these crossings.

Civilian_Target: Owen also suggested copying him on emails to the Environment Dept wrt path sweeping!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yeah - that really doesn't surprise me at all - clearly someone had their bribes in the right place.

As you may have noticed - I've moved to Macedonia, so Phoenix Park race course isn't really an issue any more :)

Advertisement