Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance

Options
  • 27-07-2005 11:38am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭

That awful time has come around again and the AA offered us a renewal at €595 (bear in mind we have no claims and also have an alarm, deadlocks, smoke alarms, and its a solid house in a flood free zone). Incidentally both cars are insured through them and herself is also a member.
    Anyway last year they took €377 off us and this was by far the cheapest around, so €595 was a bit of a hike!
    Phoned around and went to a number of websites and nothing better until I went to www.123.ie and with loads of options I managed to get cover for €363.
    I know insurance prices can vary for many reasons but I did not expect such a hugh increase for no reason. Still check them out when your time comes!

ps Im not affiliated, etc with 123.ie!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

Did you go back to the AA with the other quote.

A lot of the time insurance companies will match other quotes.

They put up prices because most people in ireland couldn't be bothered shopping around and just renew and grumble.

Well done on the shopping round though.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I did and got it was pretty much a waste of a call!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

I had a similar experience, Eagle Star wanted a 75% increase in my premium, so I went to insure.ie and got the EXACT same policy from Eagle star for 50euro less than I paid last year :-)

I guess they just assume people wont shop around !.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Haket wrote:
    I had a similar experience, Eagle Star wanted a 75% increase in my premium, so I went to insure.ie and got the EXACT same policy from Eagle star for 50euro less than I paid last year :-)

I guess they just assume people wont shop around !.
    I remember listening to someone from the insurance industry justifying their charges and they claimed that part of the charges were due to a lack of loyalty within the market. Shortly afterwards they suggested that people should shop around!!!

Advertisement