Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

How did Tomas Coman get nominated for a spot on the team? Don't get me wrong, I always love to see him representing us but I didn't think he had the standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Each country is allowed to send one athlete for each event and with Dave's injury he was nominated, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

ecksor wrote:
    How did Tomas Coman get nominated for a spot on the team? Don't get me wrong, I always love to see him representing us but I didn't think he had the standard.
    He ran 45.91 at last years 400m final..Thats a world championship B standard time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nonrunner

Coman has said he's not running in the Worlds and DavidG has been given the 400m spot. He's got to prove his fitness in the Dublin International.
    Coman got the spot initially cos AAI can/will only 1 athlete with the B standard if no-one has the A standard. Coman got the nod ahead of DavidG cos Coman won the National Championships and AAI said to preseve the integrity of the championships Coman would get the spot. Something like that anyway.

Advertisement