Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some N64 help.

Options
  • 27-07-2005 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

My younger brother has purchased an N64 along with a couple of games and the memory expansion thing that's needed for Donkey Kong and Majora's Mask. The only problem is that the existing memory in the memory expansion slot is "stuck in there good", to quote the hobo from the Simpsons.

Could someone please inform me of the best method of getting it the hell out of there?

I honestly searched around for ages elsewhere trying to find an answer but to no avail...

Danke.

Edit: Er, about 50 seconds after making this thread I found a page saying I needed to use a "Jumper Pak Ejector Tool". Aha. The page also stated that if one was not in the possession of such a tool a "small spoon" would suffice. Sorry for wasting your time. I'm a moron.

THE END

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I had this problem only recently. It really is a tight fit.

Just jam a butter knife in there and it'll pop right out no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Thanks pal. We are now listening to the DK rap at full volume. Sweet.

"Jumper Pak Ejector Tool"?

That sounds like something James Bond would use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

ive got a better idea, throw it out and buy a ps2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Boo!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I've a better idea, break up the PS2 and see if you can make use of any of the pointy parts to pry the memory module out, it would be the first original use of a PS2 in years.
    Of course next year you would need to use "pointy bit 2006" as this years one will not have all the abilities of the next one, while looking practically the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Boo Too!

I need a bloody expansion pak but nobody will sell me one or other people get there before me (I'm evil eye-ing you monkeyfudge). Have to get a credit card and get on to e-bay.

I removed my jumper pak with a butter knife as well. Thought I might be lucky and find and expansion pak in there.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I need a bloody expansion pak but nobody will sell me one or other people get there before me (I'm evil eye-ing you monkeyfudge). Have to get a credit card and get on to e-bay.
    Ha. Sorry about that. And the worst thing is that I just put the thing in and got Majora's Mask up and running and then said to myself "Grand, that works nicely" and I haven't played it since...

I have tripped over the cables off the controllers a few times and really given my knee a nasty bang... hopefully this is some form of karmic justice that you will find pleasing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Even better yet, get a Dreamcast and use the PS2 to stabilize it thus:

dcstand.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Elderly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

So's YORE MA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Sico wrote:
    So's YORE MA

so is your face!