Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Letter from employer to get test sooner?

Options
  • 27-07-2005 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭

I failed my bike test today for not 'maintaing due course and speed' which was a bit of crapfork but anyhoos my instructor says that i should apply again asap and get a letter from work and i'll have a test in 3 weeks...does that really work!?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

how long did you have to wait for the test in the first place?
    i applied for my test last august and had it 3-4 weeks later.

ive heard of the employer thingy alright,
    just staple it your application and when somone cancels youll ge there place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I was waiting 14 months for this one - in Raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

woah,
    thats where i did my test,
    you sure its been 14 months?

that means you would have applied before me??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Yeah it works i failed my car test and took a company's headed paper and typed a letter and signed it with my managers name, because the manager was a pain in the hole and i was waiting weeks for it.

Sent it off with the application and hey presto two months later i was away again and passed, yipee.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

When I applied to do my test I sent in a letter from my company saying that I needed a full licence for work and I got it within 4-6 weeks.

B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Yeah I done the same wrote up a letter and gave the boss money and he gave me a company cheque, made it more legit. Also said that I'd accept cancellations, got car test in about 3 months down in Carlow!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

I applied a couple of weeks ago for my test with my employers letter. I applied online and faxed in the letter. I got the test in 1 week - got the letter on a friday evening to do the test on the monday morning. So be prepared!

I couldnt do mine on the monday, so I rang and cancelled and they said that was fine(usually you have to give 10 days notice). They did tell me however, I wont get another test until January.

maggz wrote:
    I applied online and faxed in the letter. I got the test in 1 week - got the letter on a friday evening to do the test on the monday morning. So be prepared!
    I could be wrong but Im fairly sure they have to give you notification of 5 weeks prior to the test date, so you can prepare for it. Irrespective of accepting a cancellation at short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

silas wrote:
    I could be wrong but Im fairly sure they have to give you notification of 5 weeks prior to the test date, so you can prepare for it. Irrespective of accepting a cancellation at short notice.
    I don't think so. If you tell them you're willing to accept cancellations, they can give you as little as two days' notice of a test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Don't think so either, I got a weeks notice of mine.

• Advertisement

Maybe your right, its been a while since I done it though, but I could of swore that the instructor saying something along the lines of the 5 weeks notice. I had accept cancellations when I applied, and they gave me 5 weeks notice, I dont know maybe I was just lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Well I got my test years ago within 3 weeks of applying, I guess I was just luckier ;-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I used a letter twice and had it within 3-4 weeks both times. I got one with less then a weeks notice, so I think the 5 weeks only applies to the normal application process.

A load of people in my office did the same as me and all wit similar results.

ok i'm going to post the app and letter tomorrow and see what happens!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭maggz

When I rang the test centre to cancel, they told me that you will only get a day or twos notice for your test, if you have agreed to accept cancellations.

i'm going to take my chances!! My oh-well outlook is wearing off and now i'm annoyed cos i'm getting all these what-if ideas - what if the regular bike tester hadn't of been sick and i wasn't stuck what that old guy- would he have seen i'm a good driver like my instructors say!? etc etc.....also i spent €430 on lessons and bike hire in the last 3 weeks! :'(

Advertisement