Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A leaving cert belly anyone?

Options
  • 27-07-2005 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Did anyone put on a bit of weight during th leaving?

I certainly did, I stopped playing sport and you know when you were`nt hungry but you`d find anything to distract you away from studying? well for me that was eating! hehe

Don`t get me wrong I`m not fat or anything, its just I used to this great washboard stomach which is now non existant. I knew this at the time but I thought it would be fairly easy to get off as Iw as counting on the pre season training at the rugby club. Only I got injured and now I can`t play rugby for another year!!

Anyway enough of my life story, anyone else have/had the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I have noticed on some people all right! I was discussin this the other day wit friends and they all agree especially the girls!!
    I prob would have put on loads of weight but i got into walking for miles and miles to avoid studying occasionally breaking out into a jog......yes i am a madwoman btw!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

People fall in to two groups during the leaving cert.
    Some get the Leaving Cert Spread as it has been dubbed by our group and a small minority lose weight during it.
    I fell in the to the first catagory and had a pudgy belly around February but then I actively started combating it and am well on my way back to physical greatness. Lets all celebrate, huzzah!
    My pet name for my tummy was "belle", anyone else have pet-names? Crap name I know but oh well. I name every part of me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

What do you call your...well you know...down there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I fell victim to the leaving cert spread! hehe, didn`t do any sports etc and ate too late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Didn't really affect me that much...I was doing martial arts training 5 days a week throughtout the whole year, probably would've gone crazy without it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

that happened to me.. used to goto the gym alot and was pretty toned..

had to quit around the exams and now i've put on half a stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

I would have lost a lot of weight if my mother hadn't been in to me every ten minutes with something to eat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

I fell into the losing weight category not sure whether it was the exams or it was just me but from one time I weighed myself to when I weighed myself during the exams i went from 11 and half stone to 10 and half. Then again I have gone into a stage where I hate eating all the stuff cooked in fat like chips and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

It had no effect on my weight at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

if anything i lost a fair whack during it as most of my mates were just finished their collage exams and i ended up playing football most evenings that i didnt have an exam the following day provided i hit about 8 hours study during the day

fairly good stress relief i have to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Gileadi wrote:
    provided i hit about 8 hours study during the day

omg, I'd never have been able to do that much, I could barely study during the leaving at all, I'm talking 1 or 2 hrs a night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pFd

during the l.c i lost loads of weight. every1 that saw me said it was dropping of me. i dont know why because i only started to worry bout the exams a few days before them(remember them horrible days!).
    every1 was saying to me "why are u losin so much weight, stop worrying bout the exams.
    after the leavin ALL my trousers were litterally falling of me and i went down TWO notches in my belt.
    im still really glad its all over. sometimes i cant believe i've been trough the leavin!
    good luck next year every1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

I was pretty steady all year I think...like, there wasn't that much pressure and it wasn't as if I had to give up my couple of hours swimming a week! The only time I lost weight was the first 4/5 days of the actual leaving. I just couldn't eat...felt sick all the time....I lost about 1/2 stone....and then put it all back on when I had a bit of time in between the other exams. Could also be due to the fact that my mum was force-feeding me...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Totally agree - during the whole of sixth year I gained around 1 1/2 stone from a mixture of cutting back on sports (read: dropping everything) and stress-eating junk food ('cause a sugar high was the only way I could study), but it's not that bad - I've lost over a stone of that since the exams ended and since it couldn't really be avoided (and I mean that - if I hadn't been eating sweets and crap, I wouldn't have had the energy to keep going during that hell year) at least it wasn't too bad - I'll be back to normal well before college starts.

My best friend's the complete opposite, lucky bitca - she lost about half a stone in the two weeks of exams alone, 'cause she was too worried to eat anything. So at least the exams helped someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

I couldn't put on weight if I tried...also I had to cycle to and from school 5 miles each way, that was my exercise.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I think I put on about 2 kilos cos I didn't have time to go to the gym anymore and I was continually eating popcorn while I was studying, couldn't concentrate otherwise... I'm so glad the LC is over!

Advertisement