Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net hosting question

Options
  • 27-07-2005 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a client who has had a domain/hosting package set up with eircom.net

I need to transfer this domain to my own control panel so that I can get access to it and do whatever I need to do with it.

I have a direct contact for and eircom guy but he's never at his desk and he so far has failed to return my calls.

Does anyone know if eircom will agree to this transfer or can they refuse?

This is proving to be a right pain so any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Eircom has a very straightforward procedure for transferring domains/hosting

Your client is Eircom's client, so the client needs to organise this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

blacknight wrote:
    Eircom has a very straightforward procedure for transferring domains/hosting
    Since when?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

dahamsta wrote:
    Since when?

Since they reorganised their hosting accounts.
    They now give the clients a very clear set of documents to sign off on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

blacknight wrote:
    They now give the clients a very clear set of documents to sign off on.
    Like, paper documents? Do they still make themselves the Admin contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I moved a domain away from eircom DNS a month ago or so and I was emailed over a web page with the following text:
    Customer Cancellation or Transfer of Domain Name and Associated Services Away from eircom net

If you decide to transfer away DNS services from eircom net you need to print and complete this form on company headed paper and return signed by an authorised signatory e.g. Admin-C or company director.

To ensure an efficient transfer and minimise downtime please complete the following steps in order:

1. Ensure your new ISP has prepared to receive the transfer.
    2. Complete and return this form to facilitate eircom net removing the services.
    3. Instruct your new ISP to initiate the transfer with the registration body.
    4. eircom net will then remove your services from our servers.

Note: If the Admin–C e-mail address is incorrect or inactive the transfer may fail.

Please review the current services below and indicate what services you wish to cancel:

DNS Records_______________________ Remove? Yes No

Web Records_______________________ Remove? Yes No

Mail Records_______________________ Remove? Yes No

Access Account_____________________ Remove? Yes No

Note: If you have smtp mail and you want this removed, you will have to return your IP address.

To avoid losing queued mail:

It is possible for eircom net to push down queued mail when a customer is moving ISP. To do this please provide an IP address of your new mail server or an email address that you want the mail forwarded to.

IP address _______________________ or Email address _______________________

Important

If you request your domain to be removed from eircom net before your new ISP has updated your domain with their name server details, you will have a period of downtime until the new ISP has updated the registration body with the new details.

To minimise downtime, you should ensure that your new ISP has fully prepared to receive the transfer before you ask eircom net to remove your services.

Declaration

I have reviewed the services held with eircom net and authorise removal of services from eircom net as indicated in this document. I accept that there may be downtime during any domain transfer which is outside the control of eircom net and clearly understand that eircom net accepts no liability, howsoever caused, for losses due to circumstances outside their reasonable control. I understand that cancellation / transfer will not take place if there are outstanding payments to be made for services with eircom net.

Authorised Signature

I just circled the relevant boxes, signed the form and faxed it back. They aren't the admin contact on the domain either, the new hosts (UTV) are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement