Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sussex Stakes

• 27-07-2005 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

He's old, and the distance will stretch him a little but I have an inkling for Quito at 33/1 today. With the softening ground today I think this race should be a little more open than the short price for Soviet Song suggets.

I expect him to place at least.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I think he's way out of his debth here...

(Maybe not way out of his debth but he's been put in his place enough times against this type of company)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

What about the price on Soviet Song? She's out to nearly 9/4 on Betfair, I'm seriously thinking of lumping on. I can't quite understand the drift, she's won on Soft ground before and won this race last year.

I couldn't resist, once Soviet Song hit 5/2 on Betfair I had to back her.

I backed proclamation bud but I'd have to say Soviet Song was robbed by Murtagh. He's not having a good season, don't care what anyone says...

Best horse didn't win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

Sleeping Indian was a huge disappointment

was always going to be a gamble with that horse...was stepping up in class...never quite sure of the quality of the races won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I don't think there was a "big fuss" about Soviet Song running in the wet, but I did hear a lot of pundits saying that if it was soft, think twice. It was a close one, kind of kicking myself that I didn't take Soviet Song to place, as I was going to, but safety first. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

class showed in the end. I wont darken your door with Quito again!!

I didn't see the race but from what I read Murtagh has a lot to answer for. I knew getting on at 5/2 was too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

I wouldn't be too harsh on Murtagh. Kinane just rode a very good race on the winner. Held him up at the back just behind Soviet Song and when he was making his move in the straight, came alongside Murtagh to block him in. Got first run which was enough to hold on for the win. Runner-up was certainly unlucky but I'd be more inclined to congratulate the winning jockey in this case.

Advertisement