Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance for cycle touring

Options
  • 27-07-2005 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking at doing another tour in the Loire this year. I'd be more comfortable if I had insurance which covered my bike, but none of the bloodsucking bast-oops, I mean insurance companies- will actually cover anything useful (they're delighted to cover me for having a leg amputated and such things - useful maybe if you're not on BUPA, but I just want some cover so I don't have to worry to much about my bike being nicked).

Anyone had any experience, got any advice?
    Thanks,
    Al.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Trojan wrote:
    Anyone had any experience, got any advice?

Might be worth checking out the British Mountaineering Council - I know they offer policies that cover all kinds of adventure travel/sports (including cycle touring) so they might include bike insurance as part of the coverage.

As an alternative, could you get your bike insured under a home insurance policy? Often these cover theft while being used (though it would probably be a good idea to check and make sure theft while using it abroad on a touring holiday is explicitly covered)

Advertisement