Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom/meteor & free texts

Options
  • 27-07-2005 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Will we lose the free texts when eircom take over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i didnt even think about that. oh sh1t! fingers crossed that free texts will remain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

There trying to double the customer base for the network, so getting rid of them would be a very stupid thing to do! But in saying that it is eircom!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I don't think they can just stop them. If they could Meteor probably would have done so by now. They will probably do what Meteor are doing and try to entice you to another package.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

I'd imagine you are right there Paul. Meteor offered 'free texts for life', that commitment is one of the things eircom will be buying. All they can do is not offer it to new customers and try to encourage old customers to swap it for something else.

I can't imagine it is a huge cost anyhow - isn't it only Meteor-Meteor texts that are free. Once you have the network and subscribers in place the marginal cost of sending a text is practically nil anyway.

Advertisement