Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband ? - Not on your life after reading about them here

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

nadir is getitng a little annoyed due to the fact that it is he that has the inferiority complex, not i with the superiority complex. His puny brain cannot comprehend something different to windows i.e constant crashing, constant need for upgrading everything (s/ware and h/ware)
    and anyway, basing prejudice on a group of people, just because they use a superior computer to yours could count as a form of rascism, your lucky your not in england.. you'd be done for inciting violence and hate..
    again, i exit stage left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

I wouldn't say superior, from what I’ve used of Macs I think inferior would be better suited and grossly overpriced, but I’m not going to force people to change because of my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Where are the Mods when you need them???

What has this MacOS/Windows crap got to do with IBB???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

zuma wrote:
    Where are the Mods when you need them???

What has this MacOS/Windows crap got to do with IBB???

absolutely nothing, but there are so many IBB threads now, may as well ahve a little fun.

OSX is based on UNIX yes, so is linux.
    OSX is commercial UNIX.
    Linux isn't, some are commercial like redhat etc.
    but the cool ones like Debian, Gentoo, Ubuntu, Slack, Archlinux etc are free
    adonis wrote:
    nadir is getitng a little annoyed due to the fact that it is he that has the inferiority complex, not i with the superiority complex. His puny brain cannot comprehend something different to windows i.e constant crashing, constant need for upgrading everything (s/ware and h/ware)
    Linux Mizuho 2.6.11.11 #1 Sat Jul 23 12:36:31 GMT 2005 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

16:22:26 up 20 days, 20:00, 12 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

20 days uptime ,thank you very much (since I installed my last kernel).

I havn't had a windows install at home for many many years, I use no commerical software, or warez, apart from 2 hardware drivers, nvidia and SMC ndiswrapper.

However were there no great operating systems, like BSD, or linux, I would gladly pay for windows like other normal users rather than delude myself in to thinking I was in some way superior than other users. You can't even customise your hardware properly, you still pay for proprietary software, and miss out on all the software only available in windows, for what ???
    so you can say, 'ohh i use mac, I'm cool'
    also OSX is one bastardised unix, whats with all the crap in / ?? full of incompatability issues (wireless etc), load of crap.
    it's like unix with all the bloat of windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

adonis wrote:
    and anyway, basing prejudice on a group of people, just because they use a superior computer to yours could count as a form of rascism, your lucky your not in england.. you'd be done for inciting violence and hate..
    again, i exit stage left.
    Oh wise and generous master, how you devastatingly brush our feeble arguments aside with your mad grammar skills and broken shift key.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

please, im leaving this debate, i have had my two cents..i.e we mac users are superior to you windows users, and yes my two shift keys are broken.. plus, im using my poetic license to allow me to use bad grammar.. stream of consciousness..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Sigh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement