Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accomodation

• 27-07-2005 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭

am heading up to ul at the end of sept so am trying to sort out accomodation at the moment. Dont know limerick at all so has anyone any info on how to get a shared house or anything like that? on campus is all gone. Thanx lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hmmm..odd coincidence but we've got a free room in our place next year.

I'm sure the guys will post after to see if yer suitable material ;)

cad ata tu ag studying?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Yeah, we apparently have a room to spare.

I wouldnt recommend this house if you are in any way scared of computers however :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Howdy

Yeah as kaimera said we've got a room available in our house next year. PM one of us with an email address if you're interested. You should be prepared for lots of drinking, poker games and loud music.

Cheers
    Rory

nice to see yer awake rory :)

a PM will be grand if yer interested. Rent is cheap enough and close to campus aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

If you want to get on campus you can wait like a week after the CAO comes out and ring up the 4 villege offices to find out about vacancies, you usually get lucky and land something. Closer to the start of the year erasmus(sp?) students are always dropping out so you could try ringing then, a lot of them are over in thomond if you want to use that tactic.

Otherwise, Brookfield and Groody should have numbers listed on the UL webby.

There is a new place up by the parkway but its might as well be on the moon.

UL accomodation also have a handy booklet listing all the numbers of houses for rent around UL, ring them up and ask for a copy of it. Stay away from Elm Park and College Court knackers were relocated there last semester.

Good luck.

• Advertisement

brookfield is a bit too far away tbh.

We were there last semester > distance would do yer head in trying to go for a drink.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

GreenHell wrote:
    Stay away from Elm Park and College Court knackers were relocated there last semester.

Good luck.

EH???

****** it anyway

On another note we stayed in brookfield last year and tis grand, if a tiny bit far from college. And they got rid of those bloody electricity cards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭nevisgod

rmacm wrote:
    Howdy

Yeah as kaimera said we've got a room available in our house next year. PM one of us with an email address if you're interested. You should be prepared for lots of drinking, poker games and loud music.

Cheers
    Rory

Im from Thurles too, Do i no you? Am goin up to do a masters after a few yrs partyin in cork. loud music and drinking sounds good. will pm ye later so, just finishin work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Seeing as I am the other guy living in the house in question, I believe my voice should, no, must be heard.

That is all.

nevisgod wrote:
    Im from Thurles too, Do i no you? Am goin up to do a masters after a few yrs partyin in cork. loud music and drinking sounds good. will pm ye later so, just finishin work.

Haven't a clue. What part of Thurles are you from. I'm from the town itself.

Cheers
    Rory

• Advertisement

now now.

take it to PM ladies ;):lol:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Peteee wrote:
    On another note we stayed in brookfield last year and tis grand, if a tiny bit far from college. And they got rid of those bloody electricity cards!
    Ya them cards are terrible. Its a LUMP sum now though isnt it? Pay at the start and all that. If you have a car stay there but otherwise its annoying to get in and out. Goin back in Sept though, 3 yrs running now.

Nukem

Nukem wrote:
    Ya them cards are terrible. Its a LUMP sum now though isnt it? Pay at the start and all that. If you have a car stay there but otherwise its annoying to get in and out. Goin back in Sept though, 3 yrs running now.
    Nukem

Those cards were a pain in the arse alright. I remember getting up to hit the meter a few times to get the poxy thing to stop beeping. It never did though and I gave it a good thump a few times.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Lived there for a semester, the card thing broke and we didn't have to buy a card for 2 months. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

GreenHell wrote:
    Stay away from Elm Park and College Court knackers were relocated there last semester.

Dunno about Elm Park, but I've been living in College Court for a year and haven't seen/heard a single wah or skobe.

Advice to OP: There is rakes of housing available around castletroy, its a buyers market but if you want somewhere nice start looking fast. College court and Milford Grange are close to college and have a good few decent houses. Elm Park has a reputation for shoddy houses/heating etc. Groody and Brookfield villages have broadband but they're a bit of a walk, plus I used to stay in groody and didn't like the place. They're running a free shuttle bus from Brookfield starting this year AFAIK.

Incidentally, I'm going back to UL for a masters in music technology and I'm looking for accommodation too. Anyone interested in sharing gimme a PM :) I'm into poker but not a lot of excessive drinking/loudness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

GreenHell wrote:
    Lived there for a semester, the card thing broke and we didn't have to buy a card for 2 months. Nice.
    Ya the first year i was there the meter broke and we got free electricity for the whole year. Was a smack in the mouth when i had to pay last semester though.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

hey,
    im hopefully starting ul in september.a few of ye like poker just wondering if there are any poker soc or clubs dat hold games.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

There should be a poker soc starting next semester afaik. As for poker in Limerick, there's no cardrooms but there would be some regular pub games. Standard wouldn't be great though in student games or the pub games.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

sound for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sux2BYou

If ya want ya could just swap places with me,my mothers been tryin to swap me for a better son for years...she does a great stew,but the frys leave a lot to be desired....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭nevisgod

Ill be in Lim on tuesday. Anyone whos house still has a spare room please pm me. thanx

Advertisement