Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cowboys and comeback?

Options
  • 27-07-2005 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I know absolutly sqaut about this stuff and am posting this on behalf of my brother!

My brothers Fiat Ducatto Van would not start a few weeks ago, local mechanics from swords came out and said the ignition(?) was gone in it.

Then they showed him how to basically 'hotwire' the van to start it.They said he would be fine driving around on it.
    Its started grand but then as he was driving an hour or two later the van completly died while in the middle of swords.

He bought it to the Mechanics in swords who told him the starter moter/ignition/electronics (not sure, will get more dietail later) was gone completly. It took them maybe 3 weeks to get it fixed and about 500 Euro. This all sounds a bit much.

So got the van back working. Now, 5 weeks later the exact same thing has happened and my brio is paying another mech to fix as he is Tipp at the moment.

In my eyes this is due to monky like workmanship/advice from original mech's

I also suspect the replaced the parts with reconditiond/second hand hardware. A brand new component should not break withing 5 weeks?

My bro is stumping up the cash to fix now and cant be botherd going back to the original mechanics. Chickinsh!t.
    I think he is nuts as I'd be up there with the proverbial baseball bat demanding that they fix it properly once and for all with no charge.

Is therer anything my bro can do here, what are his rights, if any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

either they used recon. parts, are cowboys or the ignition was not the problem in the first place!

i'd be calling back...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

M8, sorry to hear about that.

Can't help you with legal, but I'll tell you I used to have a Brava 1.6SX with ignition problems (in winter and only when it snowed :rolleyes:) that went more than 5 or 6 times to the main FIAT dealer over 2 years and never got sorted - I got rid in the end. 'Think he may have a lemon and I'd be him, I'd trade pronto :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

yeah I heard the Fiat Vans were a bit iffy!

Thanks anyway chaps. Im gonna try get hinm to go back up there, he is very non-confrontational but these guys must be laughing at him I reckon.

grrr, cowboys :(

Will get the name of these guys anyway and post, name and shame at least

Advertisement