Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We need to liven this place up a bit!

Options
  • 27-07-2005 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Come one, about 4 people regularly post on here. It just won't do! If this doesn't pick up I'll have to drag more Mikado people on here....and we don't want that now do we!

Come on, someone tell me something interesting about Maynooth that I don't know. I've only been here a year, there must be some stories to tell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

There's nothing interesting to say about Maynooth. though you're right about this place being dead. Compared to the other college forums on here. But what can ya do. And as for the boards meet up in Maynooth, that's never going to happen is it :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Howdy!

Is mise budthedub! I just did finals in BMUS music in Maynooth, 4 years of sure brilliance,Maynooth is a savage college, esp music as the department of music and it's courses are fab. Gona miss it! Got a 2.1 degree, I'm a happy camper!
    How did ye all get on?

The repeat timetable went up today. Oh fantastic! Way to ruin the summer! :(

Did repeats in 1st yr........... passed music with flyin colours, was repeatin history................

i'd like to mention that i was droppin history anyway as I was doin a BMUS and u just do a second subject in 1st yr.............

FAILED THE REPEATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to repeat the whole of 1st yr again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it's the maynoothian thing to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha ha hee hee hee,

you'll b grand! ;)

I already had to repeat a year, I don't want to be doing it again. It's the damn Roost, during college term I just can't keep away. I did feck all this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

hello to all maynoothians! :D

what's the goss people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

budthedub wrote:
    Howdy!

Is mise budthedub! I just did finals in BMUS music in Maynooth, 4 years of sure brilliance,Maynooth is a savage college, esp music as the department of music and it's courses are fab. Gona miss it! Got a 2.1 degree, I'm a happy camper!
    How did ye all get on?

lol!
    i've never heard someone so enthusiastic about the music department before!
    it's a good college and all, but lets get things back in perspective here!!! :rolleyes:

i've heard good things baout the music department too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Liven things up? trust you to stir things up anyway clare, i can see you with a large spoon in the corner, it's great cos i know you won't get to read this til next week - hehehe

lol!
    i've never heard someone so enthusiastic about the music department before!
    it's a good college and all, but lets get things back in perspective here!!! :rolleyes:

OH MY GOD! the department is so great, yea and I'm v enthusiastic, about everything! :D

I was the Marsha Brady of Music in Maynooth........... who will fill my boots!?!? :eek:

• Advertisement

Lilly81 wrote:
    i've heard good things baout the music department too.

sorry!
    i misrepresented myself.
    i was laughing at the enthusiasm, not at the fact that the music dept is legend. academically - the music department is unparalleled. socially - please god give me refuge.

budthedub wrote:
    I was the Marsha Brady of Music in Maynooth........... who will fill my boots!?!? :eek:

which one was marsha again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

lordgoat wrote:
    Liven things up? trust you to stir things up anyway clare, i can see you with a large spoon in the corner, it's great cos i know you won't get to read this til next week - hehehe

Bitchslap!

ClareBear wrote:
    Bitchslap!

ouch - easy tiger,

lordgoat wrote:
    ouch - easy tiger,

You love it really!

Clare! not in public, with all these e-people around! you best be coming to mon BBQ on saturday, food's served at 4ish... you can go to town after i feed you...

lordgoat wrote:
    Clare! not in public, with all these e-people around! you best be coming to mon BBQ on saturday, food's served at 4ish... you can go to town after i feed you...

I can't go sorry :( Though I could get you and your crew freebies to Spirit tomorrow night. I'm on the guest list don't ya know :cool:

This place would be a lot more popular with Maynoothians if it wasn't for Mikado I think.

Maynooth wrote:
    This place would be a lot more popular with Maynoothians if it wasn't for Mikado I think.

i was on there for a while, it's too cliquey for my liking so i left. if you dont go to their "drinkies" and suck up to all the regulars then you dont have a chance with them. i much prefer this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Hello, soon-to-be 3rd yr English/Sociology student popping in for a bit of craic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

The gringo, she speak the truth. This place does need to be livened up a bit. Have I told yous why lordgoat has been banned from the animal shelter and can never return? Interesting story, that.

yes indeed it is an interesting story and fictional, if it comes to telling stories i believe you back-catelogue is much more interesting than mine. if you know what i mean... and i'm sure that you do.

don't take any guff and all that

lordgoat wrote:
    yes indeed it is an interesting story and fictional, if it comes to telling stories i believe you back-catelogue is much more interesting than mine. if you know what i mean... and i'm sure that you do.

don't take any guff and all that

I'll just keep my mouth shut then, shall I? Proably for the best.

No no, stories! I want stories!

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Hello, soon-to-be 3rd yr English/Sociology student popping in for a bit of craic!

Hello Joe! How goes it?

That could've been a better 1000th post BTW. But congratulations.
    I don't think stories involving me or the goat are appropriate to share with the public. It might be best if some of them go the grave with us. Trust me. :D

That could've been a better 1000th post BTW. But congratulations.

:eek: Oh Good Lord I am officially a sad loser! No more posts for me today, I'm going home to wallow in my loserness!

Later.

Ah, don't be like that. It's an impressive achievement. Really!
    Are you heading out locally later? I'll be heading out (probably Roost), might catch ya if you're around.

i was roostin it lastnight. what do you people look like? i know what clare and lordgoat look like cos they've had their pics up on the board but the rest of you? come on, i want to put faces to names so i can annoy you when i see you out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

ClareBear wrote:
    Hello Joe! How goes it?

Not too bad thanks, enjoying the last few weeks of summer before the inevitable. Haven't been in Maynooth since May, any changes of note?

Advertisement