Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Recommend me a sub Eur 1k Digi Vid Camera

• 27-07-2005 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I need a new digital video camera for work - for doing taped interviews that will be converted into streaming Flash video.

Something that's as future proof as possible (HDTV?), that comes in a hard case since I will need to ship it from one country to another on a regular basis, has an external mic or at least the option of one, and that will cost less than a grand.

One of those bundles like they have on Ebay would be great - to include a tripod, hard case, cleaning kit, lenses etc. Don't want to have to deal with paying extra tax bu shipping in from the US unless it dramatically reduces the price by doing so.

USB 2.0 as well as firewire would help. Mini-DV I guess is the best format ?

Anything else I need to tell you to help me ?

Also, can most basic editing be done with software ? How much should I be spending for basic cropping and editing software and what is the best option for use on Windows XP ?

Many thanks

Advertisement