Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Network Problem!!

• 27-07-2005 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Ok, so gonna start a new thread on this to see if anyone has any ideas. I'm desperate at this stage. For those already helping me, much appreciated, and here's an update so far.

Set-up;
    BT 2mb BB, ZyXel Prestige 600 modem, Belkin wireless router (F5D7230-4), PC Laptop (XP Pro SP2).

Problem;

Wired network;
    Works fine when I set the Belkin router config (192.168.2.1) to 'Dynamic' mode. I've pinged the connection and it shows an assigned ip address in the range 192.168.2.x - Internet connection is great!

Wireless network;
    1) Will not work. It's hangs on acquiring network address and thens spits up "Limited or no connectivity....blah,blah,...". I've pinged this and it gives an ip of 169.x... (not in the range!).
    but
    2) If I change the router to 'PPPoE' (which is what the ZyXel modem is working on) and input my BT username and password, it acquires an ip address in range (192.168.2.x), shows full signal strength and no "Limited connectivity..." error. BUT, no internet connection??

For those of you familiar with the Belkin online web configurator, the wireless options explained above both show "No Connection" on the top right of the window for the 'Internet' status. Obviously I need to get this to show 'Connected' before I go back and test my wireless connection but this is where I'm lost...?? :confused:

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Is your wireless card set up to access a router or a computer (computer to computer connection)?

Check that the SSID is the same on the router and on the pc(case sensitive I think) and check out security parameters. WEP, or WPA encryption can cause the prob you have.

Don 't use Window to manage your network, use the utility provided with your Belkin stuff.Start off by setting up the network with no security (ESSID broadcast enabled, no WEP, no WPA etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

You're not going to believe this, but I was out for a few hours, and just returned to find the wireless connection up and running.

What the? :D

Advertisement