Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Own Pretty Hate MAchine

Options
  • 27-07-2005 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Yeah, Full story here., But apparently TVT who used to own Trent have gone bust and now the rights to the album is up for Auction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

not to mention all the other artist on that Label, And whoecer buys it would get a percentage of future earnings from Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, Fixed, The Downward Spiral and Further Down The Spiral, but the cost for ownership is in the millions, if anything, Trent should buy this himself, it can only mean good things, considering Malm screwed him out of earnings for so many years, now Trent'd just be getting more compensation, which is a good thing!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, I'd be surprised if he didn't go for it, as you said Numina it would be a great way to finally get the money he's earned!

(if I win the euromillions lotto I might look into bidding, sure with €110 million in my back pocket, I might just buy Reznor and make him my personal composer!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i'll make you a deal flogen you win you gimme downward spiral and if i win it i'll give you the rights to petty hate machine. how does that sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ignoring the financial aspect of trent owning phm... if he owned it it would mean he could release it as a delux edition (a-la downward spiral), which he wanted to do but didn't want to deal with tvt

Advertisement