Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my pc powerful enough?

Options
  • 27-07-2005 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

:) Can anyone tell me if my pc is compatible with the ATI X850 Graphics card. Specs: Intel Pentium 4 Processor 531 with HT, 3.00GHz, 800MHz FBS, 2MB L2 cache and 1024MB 400MHz DDR2 RAM. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Mobo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

the big question is what are you going to be doing with it ...this is something that people seem to forget ...if your just surfing the web a P3 will di the biz but for gaming ...the x850 should be OK for a while to come ...but do you intend on overclocking ??????????? and as my fellow boardie nukem has asked what is your mobo and your psu and what cooling do you have just put all your components down case in all and tft and so on for the lads to have a fuller picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

it's got an x300se in it already (another thread in computers) and it's a dell machine, so i'm guessing pci-e (haven't seen an agp version of x300se?), but yeah freer more important than what you've already posted is the motherboard (specifically if it's agp or pci-e) and the psu make/wattage

Advertisement