Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf2 sells 1 million

Options
  • 27-07-2005 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Battlefield 2 sold 1 million copies
    Digital Illusions CE AB (publ) 2005-07-27
    In late June Digital Illusions’ game Battlefield 2 was launched in stores around the world. More than one million copies of the product were shipped to retailers until 30th of June 2005. The games in the Battlefield series, including Battlefield 2, have now sold approximately 6 million copies.

- Digital Illusions’ goal as a company is to develop strong brands that will continue to evolve for a number of years. Battlefield 2 has already received several awards which demonstrates we have managed to develop yet another high quality product, said Patrick Söderlund, the CEO of Digital Illusions.

Battlefield 2 was shown at E3, the gaming industry’s leading trade show, in May 2005. The product won many awards. Battlefield 2 received the official E3 prize ”Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2005” as Best Online Multiplayer Game.

Battlefield 2 also received several awards from influential gaming magazines during E3. Gamespy praised it as Best PC Game, Best Multiplayer Game and Third Best Game, all categories. IGN gave Battlefield 2 the prize as Best PC Action Game, and Gamespot elected it Best Shooter Game.

Digital Illusions’ royalty revenue is based on the number of games sold to retailers, and will be paid when the game’s development budget has been covered.

Battlefield 2 is published by Electronic Arts. Precise sales figures of the game will be published in Digital Illusions’ interim report on the 10th of August 2005.

No surpise cept quicker than expected, took the original 3 months to hit that figure. Amazing what a good demo can do.

€50 x 1,000,000 =............

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I paid €38 :D so make that circa 40mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I paid €38 :D so make that circa 40mil.

cheapskate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well I havent baught the Dam game yet i`ll wait till it works properlly. That article is so optimistic but it doesent mention all the grips the players have ya can win awards but if ya have people in forums giving out about the game how are they to get loyal battlefeild players to jump on their latest release. I liked the demo and I know i`ll get the game eventually but im no ho hurry with the game in its current state!

Advertisement