Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSM Year 1

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

hah, farlo, u learned to spell but ur grammar is still in ballylinan-ese!! would u believe im actually up early most days this summer? its shockin! ps farlo, keep savin for freshers week! FRESH MEAT! ;) hehe

Balkie - yeah CNOC is probably the best course of the 2 to come from as, like u say, we covered linux and ASP and such already so its more revision than learning. although, the quality of CNOC has degreaded since u started first year ( ;) ) so i dunno if its that much of an advantage these days. i suppose if u did CW019 you'll hav done all that management and accountancy type stuff already so you'll hav the advantage there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Just stay away from project management in csm3 (make sure someone gets teh notes from you) and learn .asp yourself, Eamon Cass is not gonna teach you it, he'll show you it alright, but his code doesn't work. He'll sit there staring at why his sql query doesn't work until you go "Uh Eamon.....Eamon...Yeah eamon? you missed the apostrophe in the sql statement there" he'll stare at you for a while, figure out you're right and go back to staring at his code. I actually liked Enda Dunican's style of teaching, he knows his **** that's for all and, to be honest, his subject was straightforward if you pay attention (he still fights and kills zulu warriors in his spare time though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

are you coming back next year laguna? any other departures from our class?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Go to project management ya'll get a great sleep :)
    I cant wait for round 2 with angry little man :rolleyes: i'll take a nap in his first class and see how he reacts.

wheres me jumpa you still workin for the green jumper brigade?

of course i am. the world would not be the same without us diy experts!

how you getting on?

• Advertisement

Hey Gary man, nah I'm not coming back this year, neither's Derek, Mark or Richie. Sorry big guy, looks like it's just you and Charles on the front lines with Eamon Cass again buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭dream brother

Bring on the first Years! FRESH MEAT! FRESH MEAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

Laguuunaaaa are u still in Ireland? Or did u make it back to the UK?

Lol @ Fresh Meat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Yes, we were all fresh meat once.....some more fresher than others though.

/me looks over at Goose

Howdy Kegan, nah I'm still in Ireland for about 6 months then I'm heading off "to a land down under" lol. What are you up to yourself? Back in carlow for one last bite at the apple of....... I dunno?

• Advertisement

Laguna wrote:
    Hey Gary man, nah I'm not coming back this year, neither's Derek, Mark or Richie. Sorry big guy, looks like it's just you and Charles on the front lines with Eamon Cass again buddy.

the big guy is going to the land down under! i take it your going for a year? what happened derek, mark and richie?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

Laguna wrote:
    Howdy Kegan, nah I'm still in Ireland for about 6 months then I'm heading off "to a land down under" lol. What are you up to yourself? Back in carlow for one last bite at the apple of....... I dunno?
    I'm still over here in sunny UK :D then yes back to Carlow for 3 months...then back here again yaaay!
    So your not going back to do the hons then? hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

ah the the fresh meat!

it wasnt the best last year so hopefully it will improve ;)

Nah i'm actually off to the land down under forever! hah! being English born does have a minor advantage Visa wise going to Oz, so i'll go for the year and before it's up I hope to be a flaming gala australian citizen myself. Good luck next year Gary (i call it a year but the course lasts 15 months lol), I've heard it's a lot easier/less boring. Mark+Derek are off to Oz themselves in September I think, just for the year, Richie the fisherman is... I dunno lol, nah he's getting/got a job I believe..

Hey Kegan, nah I couldn't be arsed for 15 more months of college just for one more point on the academic scale, it's a combination of laziness and dangerously low blood sugar levels I guess :rolleyes:

Advertisement