Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Artmedia v Celtic CL(Contains Scores)

• 27-07-2005 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Half time 1-0 to them and TBH they fully deserve to be in front we have been diabolicial :mad: our defending has been woeful,and we should thank ourselves lucky we are not further behind.

Chris Sutton has gone off and it looks quite serious,a possible broken arm which is the last thing we need with the new season starting this Saturday.I should hope Gordon Strachan will rip into them at half time,this outfit, a mediocre team at best are making us look like mugs.

Time to change the formation to 3-5-2 i reckon,maybe take off the new defender Camara he has been woeful ,in fact they all have been bar McGeady who has looked sharp,here's hoping for a much improved performance in the second half.

(It's Live on Setanta in case anyone doesn't know)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Shocking first half from Celtic, defence all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Disaster for celtic, 2-0

Oh dear, oh dear 3-0

Correction, 4-0. Oh my God.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

oh it 4-0 now

• Advertisement

Looks like the bouys are heading out of Europe at the first hurdle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

/tries not to giggle.

Shocking result from the 4th best team in SPL and PL combined....

Cant contain it LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOL.

:D

kdjac

I'd say they're the 6th best.

I would also say Artmedia are the 2nd best team in Bratislava , Slovan a far better team.

Celtics away form in Europe continues.

/it hurts so bad must stop laughing....

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Funniest result in a long time. :D This team wants to play in the PL - suggest they start in non league - who are the opponents anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

very bad result for Celtic....but dont right them off just yet,they could score 4 at home.

It's 5. :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

5-0 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

KdjaC wrote:

/it hurts so bad must stop laughing....

kdjac

YUP....

never have i laughed so much while reading livescore.....

almost over now too....

teee heeee heeee....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

Thats a really terrible start for Strachan the press will be all over him now.

He should be the one who was sacked not Stevie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If Kenny Cunningham was in the Celtic defence tonight we would probably not have conceded a goal. I said it about 100 times that Celtic needed an organisor and Strachan had to find out the hard way. Balde hasn't a clue where to be without being told. Camara is shíte. Never rated Varga. The midfield can't even put a string of passes together as they're afraid of losing possession. I'm not going to work tomorrow. :(

lol

had just stopped laughing now it starts again.....

oh dear my job shall be empty tomorrow and all my mates phones be off :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

paddy power offering 10-3 on celtic winning NO trophies... odds will lengthen tomorrow i'd imagine :D

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=show_type_by_main_market&category=SOCCER&ev_class_id=115&id=4508

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Im stunned here beyond belief :eek: :eek: :eek: this is the single worst performance ive seen EVER since ive been supporting Celtic.
    Absolutely atrocious,the defence should be utterly ashamed of themselves,if i had my way id sell the fcuking lot of them immediately that's if anybody wanted to buy them which i doubt after tonites disaster,the whole team were diabolical,a disgrace to Celtic Football Club getting humilated 5-0 against a team who are average at best.

We are out of Europe,a miracle is required next week and it aint gonna happen,ill be equallyt as stunned if we manage to score 6 goals..this is a desperate start to the new season for us,im over myself in Glasgow next week and was really looking forward to it but after tonites disaster im dreading it..an utter nightmare for Celtic F.C,the club should issue an aplogy over this especially to the fans who shelled out a lot of money to travel to Bratislava tonite..i feel a migraine coming on :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

where did the left back come from? the LFL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

shouldnt the odds be made shorter?

Anyone I see laughing here will get it back. I'm keeping my eyes open. :mad:

eirebhoy wrote:
    haha :D

eirebhoy wrote:
    If Kenny Cunningham was in the Celtic defence tonight we would probably not have conceded a goal. I said it about 100 times that Celtic needed an organisor and Strachan had to find out the hard way. Balde hasn't a clue where to be without being told. Camara is shíte. Never rated Varga. The midfield can't even put a string of passes together as they're afraid of losing possession. I'm not going to work tomorrow. :(

Ah come on now , i seen teams with **** defences still score. I mean Spurs of old were awful at the back but still would lose 4-3 or somfin.

5-0 means you totally and utterly slaughtered. Regardless of back 4 you still have 6 players ahead of them some of the best in the world seemingly. So to blame a defence on a 5-0 thumping is a bit naieve.

kdjac

eirebhoy wrote:

I got a new swing chair fell off it twice this evening ....seriously it hurt but worth it :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

What a joke of a team celtic are. No cohesion whatsoever, no one wanted the ball/didnt know what to do when they had it. Aldiere made a good impact but what has happened to mcgeady? I havent seen Mcgeady play well for ages, he was diabolical tonight along with a shambles of a defence.

KdjaC wrote:
    5-0 means you totally and utterly slaughtered. Regardless of back 4 you still have 6 players ahead of them some of the best in the world seemingly. So to blame a defence on a 5-0 thumping is a bit naieve.
    That word "seemingly" is a strong word that you are using quite often tonight. :) I'm speaking for every Celtic fan on the net when I say that none of our players are the best in the world. Believe me, a decent defence and I can say 100% Celtic would have won tonight. Everything wrong was from the defence. They completely bipassed Petrov for most of the match.

Why the fck do I follow football? :mad:

• Advertisement

Sell the fcuking lot of the defence,that Camara is a fcukin donkey,he was on another planet on that pitch tonite,im dreading the new season now TBH :mad: :mad:

eirebhoy wrote:

Could be worse could lose 5-0 in 2nd leg :(

But seriously some people round here (you inc) reckon Celtic good enough to be top 4 in EPL to do that they have to have good attacking players who SHOULD score against ****e teams like Artmedia (seriously Slovan had a bad season so Arties won league) They should have scored at least one regardless of opposition if their fans belief in their ability is well founded.

:D

Kdjac

eirebhoy wrote:

i feel your pain my friend :confused:

Me too. But it's still hillarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Total and utter humilation :(

I'm worse after a result like this than I would be after Ireland losing as I'm afraid to step outside my front door now. The pain hasn't eased one bit. I only bought the new Celtic jersey yesterday and feel like going up for a bloody refund as I'll be ashamed to wear it any time soon. I'm just waiting to wake up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

mickey mouse football from a mickey mouse team playing i a mickey mouse league,haha :p

county wrote:
    mickey mouse football from a mickey mouse team playing i a mickey mouse league,haha :p
    This has made me realise. WTF am I doing on the internet so soon after this game. I'm off to watch Siar Sna Seachtoidi, whatever that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

did Celtic have anyone sent off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

normally i'd poke fun at celtic fans in situations like this, but this is the worst i've seen, i actually feel sorry for them, that was truely brutal, surely some other team in scotland can now challenge for 2nd in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

, i actually feel sorry for them, that was truely brutal, surely some other team in scotland can now challenge for 2nd in the league?

Lol :D hate to be a celtic fan for the next few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Has anyone checked the Rangers message boards yet? ;)

I did'nt see the game so can't comment on the quality or either side, but really - Scottish footie seems to be in a true state of chasis. Still at least this result means Liverpool can't get beaten by you in the third round!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

5-0 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! tHATS too funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

eirebhoy wrote:

It's the ups and downs that make it worthwhile. If we knew what was going to happen where would the fun be?

You could always win 6-0 next week :)

Camara deserves to be put down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

mike65 wrote:
    Has anyone checked the Rangers message boards yet? ;)

I thought we were already looking at one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Camara is to be put down with Balde next in line. They looked like a team that has never played beside each other before. The basics couldn't even be done right. Artmedia deserved their victory and noone would/could say otherwise. Strachan has his team seriously off the pace and looks like the pre-season was for nothing. He is two steps away from the door. One step closer if they don't comeback in the 2nd leg(mission impossible) & a bad start to the league and he'll quickly find himself scratching his head outside the door. Managers shouldn't be under that sort of pressure straight away but with performances like this....

Dempsey wrote:
    Camara is to be put down with Balde next in line.
    Balde needs an organisor to partner. Its no coincedence that he has gone from player of the year to one of the least favourite players since Mjallby is gone. He has no football brain and has to be following a line. He was still woeful. Camara was worse tonight though. Where is Varga when the goals are conceded? He never seems to be near the play. Telfer was solid I think. Could be wrong though. What can you expect with a Burnley player, an ex-Sunderland reserve player and a 33 year old right back with 1 Scotland cap?

I really believe with a strong defence tonight the midfielders would have played an awful lot better.

Strachan does deserve a lot of the blame. Petrov is not a right winger. Sutton is not a central midfielder. Hartson has had about 1 shot on target in the whole of pre-season and shouldn't have started. He should not have said before signing Boruc that Marshall will start as first choice. Boruc has looked a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

eirebhoy wrote:
    Strachan does deserve a lot of the blame. Petrov is not a right winger. Sutton is not a central midfielder. Hartson has had about 1 shot on target in the whole of pre-season and shouldn't have started. He should not have said before signing Boruc that Marshall will start as first choice. Boruc has looked a lot better.

but sutton as a midfielder for celtic.. has played some of his best games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

but sutton as a midfielder for celtic.. has played some of his best games...
    there is a difference is playing in the hole and playing in the center of midfield
    that is the second worst defeat ive ever witnessed as a celtic supporter,

to be honest i didnt want him as manager as stated on these forums and to be fair he'll find himself outta job soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Brilliant result, brightened up my day no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

the premierships finest flops and rejects getting hammered by who??

who'd have thunk it? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement