Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Artmedia v Celtic CL(Contains Scores)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

el rabitos wrote:
    the premierships finest flops and rejects...
    :confused: What are all these phrases people decide to come out with now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

why are there so many celtic haters here all of a sudden??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just wanna post my commisserations. Absolutely horrendous night, but who knows, maybe this can be a springboard to make some changes and take them apart next week? maybe? it wouldn't have surprised anyone if a few days ago you were told the home result would be 6-0.. admittedly im not optimistic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

shocking result for celtic.

an estimated 10 million revenue lost if they dont turn it around next week.
    celitic could be in real trouble off the back of one game.

never rated strachen, but i didnt think celtic were that awful last night. just one of those games. just happened to be the most important one of the season for celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

why are there so many celtic haters here all of a sudden??
    Ziggy67
    We will have to agree to disagree on that list apart from Liverpool. The top three in the Premiership are a class apart from all the others (and Celtic) and IMO Celtic will finish above them, but alas we will never know as they won't let us in. Too much of a threat maybe?
    Yes, bitterly disappointed. I'm not claiming we could match the top teams, i'm claiming we are better than the rest of the dross in the EPL.
    I used Celtics European games to illustrate that just because we come from a crap league it doesn't mean we are crap.

It's stuff like that makes people happy when Celtic fail.
    That said, a 5-0 defeat from a crap club is never something I wish upon anyone

PHB wrote:
    It's stuff like that makes people happy when Celtic fail.
    That said, a 5-0 defeat from a crap club is never something I wish upon anyone

thats not true.

if it happened to man utd, id fall over myself laughing.

unfortunately, i think there is a great distance in class and quality between utd and celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

KdjaC wrote:
    Regardless of back 4 you still have 6 players ahead of them

No wonder they conceded so much, the keeper was in front of the back 4 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

^^^^ back 4 + 6 in front = 10... theres 11on a team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Serbian wrote:
    No wonder they conceded so much, the keeper was in front of the back 4 :(

huh?? :confused:

he said 4 at the back and 6 in front of them, which is true, that makes 10 players. The goalkeeper makes the 11th.

anyway very bad result for Celtic, need a great start to the league now otherwise Strachan will be the next manager sacked imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

How come it's ok for people to take the p1ss when Celtic take a beating like this but if it was Arsenal or Manu it would be called flaming? Strange...

Anyway, shocking result for Celtic.

B.

BaZmO* wrote:
    How come it's ok for people to take the p1ss when Celtic take a beating like this but if it was Arsenal or Manu it would be called flaming? Strange...

Anyway, shocking result for Celtic.

B.

because ultimately, its the users who report posts and like to shout and scream and complain. it just so happens that arsenal and man utd supporters are melodramatic by nature.
    comes from watching boring football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

What a disgraceful result and terrible advertisment for scottish football.
    From a team that was attempting to get into the premiership a while ago?
    They'd be relegated within 2 seasons I reckon if they did compete in the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

because ultimately, its the users who report posts and like to shout and scream and complain. it just so happens that arsenal and man utd supporters are melodramatic by nature.
    comes from watching boring football.

LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

The team has no drive anymore, didnt have it last season either so i can only blame Strachan for not bringing it back, imo likes of Lennon, Tomo are well past it....McGeady must have given the ball away more than he had it last night. Simple fact is Celtic lack quality throughout the pitch, Centre Back aint been same since Mjalby left. Midfield has just aged too much and trying to patch it up with Sutton won't work. I think Hartson still has good ability needs time to make a partnership with the polish lad or aliediere. Very Frustrating last night, Camara looked good in pre season for me last night he was an absolute sham. Varga for all his popin up with goals, he gives far too much and must have got caught out 100 times in europe last year....Balde has the positional sense of a goat, luckily he can make good challenges otherwise we'd be in twice the predicament...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Come back John Barnes, all is forgiven!!!!

GS needs to look at the players he has bought, the left back is a big worry. However I do remember Shels fans calling for Fenlons head when he first took over and they suffered a few embarassing european defeats, but not anymore....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You're being far too kind to old Bobo. Never heard the expression " as sure-footed as a mountain goat"? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

The worrying thing is that Celtic have no real defensive cover, Mcmanus,Virgo when fit, Irvine when fit and then kids we need at least 3 defenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Big blow financially never mind the playing side. Not even the Eufa Cup.

Not that I care about Celtic. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

johnor wrote:
    McGeady must have given the ball away more than he had it last night.

would he not have had to have the ball to give it away?? :confused:

Hence he couldnt have given the ball away more times than he had it, very confusing statement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

While 5 goals was a fair reflection of some lovely attacking play by Bratislava and awful defending (by both defenders and midfielders) from Celtic, Celtic were a bit unlucky not to get a few goals themselves. From the time the score was 2-0, Celtic had as many, or probably more, clear-cut chances than Bratislava had. McGeady managed to put the ball over the bar from 3 yards with no keeper to beat, and Maloney and Aliadere both missed a couple of good chances each (although at least both of them were making things happen).

Celtic though look like they're on a steep downward spiral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

MooShop wrote:
    huh?? :confused:

he said 4 at the back and 6 in front of them, which is true, that makes 10 players. The goalkeeper makes the 11th.

anyway very bad result for Celtic, need a great start to the league now otherwise Strachan will be the next manager sacked imo

Apparently, I can't count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ouch thats gotta hurt, no point commenting the scoreline says it all. Nightmare start for Strachan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

It was less than 12 months ago that Celtic put it up to AC Milan (admittedly, only in the second half...) in the San Siro before conceding two last minute goals.

Although the signs were there for the last two seasons, last nights result is still very shocking.

shocking result for celtic.

an estimated 10 million revenue lost if they dont turn it around next week.
    celitic could be in real trouble off the back of one game.

never rated strachen, but i didnt think celtic were that awful last night. just one of those games. just happened to be the most important one of the season for celtic.
    I have to say, I would have expected you of all people to be one of the first on this thread laughing. :) Very true post though and I agree with it 100%.

The people saying Celtic would be relegated from the Premiership obviously didn't see the match. Celtic actually dominated for most of it. Any time Bratislava go the ball they just walked it into the goal with ease. The defence was shocking. It really is my only concern going into the new season. Every other position is fine imo. Nakamura will be the last piece of the jigsaw for midfield.
    Badabing wrote:
    The worrying thing is that Celtic have no real defensive cover, Mcmanus,Virgo when fit, Irvine when fit and then kids we need at least 3 defenders
    Agathe when fit, Kennedy when fit. :)

Just watcing SSN and Strachan had an abysmal start at both Southampton and Coventry.

An equally strong midfield/attack beat Kaunas 4-0 in Lithuania 2 years ago so 5-0 is not impossible considering its a must with 5-0. Strachan has to be bold. He didn't want to drop Hartson or Sutton so tries to fit them both in. That's foolish.

At least Nakamura says he doesn't regret joining but I don't believe him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

eirebhoy wrote:
    At least Nakamura says he doesn't regret joining but I don't believe him.

Was that the most positive thing he could say about joining?

"I don't regret joining Celtic"???

Bateman wrote:
    Was that the most positive thing he could say about joining?

"I don't regret joining Celtic"???
    "People should have no doubt that I am still coming to Glasgow. European football is not the only reason I will be signing for Celtic. In all my dealings with the club they have been very professional and I am really excited about playing for such a famous club.

"Last night's result was a setback, but if Bratislava can win 5-0 at home, then I am sure Celtic can. It will be very difficult, but the team will do everything possible to overturn last night's result.

"The main reason I am coming to Celtic is to help them become Scottish champions again, and if there is European football, that will be a bonus."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

what are the odds on celtic winning at parkhead anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Was Nakamura signed in time to play the second leg?
    If Celtic pack out parkhead they might still have a chance.
    they just need one really early to make Bratislava doubt themselves.
    Aliadare has to play from the start as does McGeady.

It's not like He has anything to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The odds are quite good that Celtic will win at Celtic Park but they will not get the scoreline that is needed. They may have had a chance if they had a player like Henrik Larsson but then again that defence will not hold out on Tuesday.

Nakamura is not eligible to play in the qualifing rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

That's the problem, the defence that let in five is not likely to keep a clean sheet in CP, leaving Celtic to have to score 7, minimum, to progress against a team they could not score once against on wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

According to uefa.com Nakamura is eligible to play in the next round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Next round obviously, but they need him for the next leg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Dempsey wrote:
    According to uefa.com Nakamura is eligible to play in the next round

pity that'll be next season for celtic. having said that, you never know, but i can't see how that defense won't concede goals next week, it was pretty dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

what are the odds on celtic winning at parkhead anyone know?
    Paddy Power's correct score odds only go up to 5-0 on their site, so according to William Hill Celtic are 15/1 to win 5-0 and 17/1 to win 6-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Shamrok wrote:
    Paddy Power's correct score odds only go up to 5-0 on their site, so according to William Hill Celtic are 15/1 to win 5-0 and 17/1 to win 6-0.

Fcuk me those odds are nothing short of desperate :mad: you should be looking at least 66/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

They are brutal alright. As for Celtic to reach the next round the odds are...wait for it .... 7/1 !! :eek:

These are lower odds than Celtic to win 2-1 or 3-1 or Artmedia to win the 2nd leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Shamrok wrote:

Just off the phone there to my mate and he said he got 33-1 for a 6-0 win in Ladbrooks. Oh for Celtic that is ;):p

3-0 Celtic atm. (3-5 agg)

33 minutes remaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the way they are playing now they should at least pull it level

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

3 nil to celtic,they have a good chance and i was going to put a few quid on them to do it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I can just see Celtic getting 5 and then conceding 1 in stoppage time

I can just see Celtic getting 5 and then conceding 1 in stoppage time
    I hope they get 6 and conceed in stoppage time! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    I hope they get 6 and conceed in stoppage time! :D

I would love to put a bet on that! 4/1?

4 nil celtic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

looks like there out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

4-0 on the night
    4-5 agg

better luck next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

they're out. Highlight was Strachan pushing the other manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

All over they had plenty of chances in the second half, another glorious Scotish Failure!!"!

very unlucky,better luck next year boys, pardon the pun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Ah well poor old celtic, great start for Strach lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement